Low energy mini golfball bulbs?

I'm presently refurbing the bedroom of SWTSMBO (ie, teenaged daughter) during which I've acceded to her request for a couple of these trendy mittor lights:

I've just realised (duh) that together, these represent 200W of incandescent lightbulb which will doubtless get left on 24/7. So I'm wondering, are there any low-energy equivalents to these SES bulbs available? Have had a look but can't find anything.

(If not, maybe one of these is the answer... and that will *really* piss her off!

Lobster

Let me know if you find any..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You want a Megaman GA504 I think

Specification: Wattage(W): 4 Lumen Output (lm): 140 Energy Label (Class): A Diameter (mm): 55 Length (mm): 100 Weight (g): 55 Standard Pack: 60 (6x10) Lifetime: 10,000h Colour: WW Lampbase: E14 (SES)

It's on this page

may need to contact Megaman directly to find a retailler though, it's listed as "*Special Order Product"...

Reply to
Sparks

3w candles wouldnt look so good. Why not go for some bad taste and install a circline tube around the mirror, run it off a dimming ballast. :)

Screwfix do flat 7w CFLs, disc shaped, but theyre pricey.

A coin meter might be better than a time switch :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The only place I've seen them is in Ikea. They are about 1cm or possibly 2cm taller than incandescent golf balls. Much smaller than GLS. Either 5W or 7W, I can't remember.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Just had another look - the GA707i is actually smaller, but is 7w - but it is a "*Core Stock Product" so should be easier to find!

Or there are some very small spiral ones here

may look funky :-)

Reply to
Sparks

The message from Lobster contains these words:

Ikea do LE R50 spots and also some small LE "candle" bulbs.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Sparks" contains these words:

They're the sort Ikea sell. Either £3 or £4, I forget which.

Reply to
Guy King

Ikea definitely do 7W SES golfballs. They stand about an inch taller than a normal tungsten lamp but the diameter of the 'ball' is the same.

Reply to
stevelup

IKEA actually go up to 11W in CFL golf balls, which are the highest power SES CFL's I've found, but 11W would be too bright for that application.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel