LEAD PIPES and GAS SUPPLY

I have heard all about lead pipes and water supplies, but what is th
score with lead pipes and a mains gas supply
I have found a leak in my new house (it's 40 years old) do i need t replace this pipe work with copper or just repair the faulty lea piece
Anyone got any ideas, are there new regs. for this sort of stuff
Cheers
Dai Bac
-- Dai bach
Dai bach wrote:

Lead water pipes are replaced because small amounts of lead can dissolve in the water, leading to lead poisoning over time.
As we ourselves do not drink or otherwise consume gas, I cannot see there being a similar safety issue.
David
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:01:25 +0000, David Hearn wrote:

OK there is no toxicity issue.
AIUI having checked in a recent gas fitting text. The lead pipe may stay if it is in good order and adequately sized.
However since you lead pipe is leaking then it must be repaired with copper or steel.
On 13th April "Ed Sirett" wrote ......
snip

snip
Pardon my higorance but what is "AIUI" please?
--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
Stanley wrote:

AIUI, it stands for As I Understand It ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:23:34 +0100, Dai bach

If the pipe is yourside of the meter, I'd get a CORGI guy. I reckon a water leak is OK, you don't generally die from these. A gay leak is somewhat more explosive.
Rick

A gay leak? Explosive, bend over sweetheart I`ll show you explosive. ;-O

You never seen the urban legend about the hamster and the 2 gays ?

ISTR it was a gerbil.
Marcus
message wrote:

As a Paramedic, I can assure you its not an urban legend. Its more common than you think, and yes it was a gerbil, he told me so and I saw the X rays after. ;-).

googlebot wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/gerbil.htm
--
Cheers,