Erbauer drills 14.4V vs 18V?

This is very true, I was not attempting to suggest you _could_ even use a conventional chuck, for just the reasons you cite.

However if you could and were to increase the effective mass of the bit by a factor of (at least) five, you will also increase energy losses at the point of transfer. You are going to get those losses at some point in the system, so better they are at the drill to wall interface.

Reply to
John Rumm

DIY wise, you used a Rawltool and a heavy hammer

In practice, it does.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm not arguing that point as you're right. Just trying to correct IMM's usual inaccurate account of history.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ok, prat. Give chapter and verse on the formation of BMC. As if...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Richard, who cares it was crap and rightly disappeared.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil knows more about history than anyone else.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Wonder who Richard is, John?

But you brought up BMC. Merely trying to put the record straight for anyone who is interested. Which tends to have to happen with most of your posts. Strange, really, considering they are just regurgitations of websites. Perhaps you need to read them more carefully.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thought you might have turned over a new leaf with your new identity? Otherwise, why bother?

Hint. To think you know more about *anything* than anyone else makes you some sort of fanatic. So nothing has changed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mr Cranium, you must stop this.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

No. I have fanatics following me, called fans for short.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil