core drills

I have to drill a hole for the waste pipe from a kitchen sink. As I understand it, the section of pipe to go thru the wall will be 40mm diameter. But I find that most cored drill sets have 38mm and then 52mm, etc. I would have thought that a 40mm drill would be a more common requirement of core drill users especially people who buy sets of core drills.

I must be wrong..

Arthur

Reply to
51

The message from "51" contains these words:

The carbide grit set that Aldi had last week had a 43mm in it.

Reply to
Guy King

Exactly my thoughts as well. Looking for a single the nearest I could find was 45mm

The Medway Handyman

|The message |from "51" contains these words: | |> I would have thought that a 40mm drill would be a more common |> requirement of core drill users especially people who buy sets of core |> drills. | |The carbide grit set that Aldi had last week had a 43mm in it.

The Lidl carbide coated set, a few weeks ago did not have 40mm, only 33, 53 67, 72, and 83. IMO a strange sequence :-(

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop