Erbauer drills 14.4V vs 18V?

Were did you or Andy specify with a.n.other type. Very blanket statement saying you can drill into masonry without hammer unless you also post the info as to which type of (overpriced and not that good ) drill bit you then need to use, so not to destroy your traditional drill bits.

Reply to
Mark

Seems a bit unfair on topgear, being lumped in with company like that...

Reply to
John Rumm

Perhaps he was trying to say "fit for a river and not much else..."

Reply to
John Rumm

An eloquent reinforcement of Capitol's point I might say!

Try this one:

about the right level:

"The Oxford Reading Tree Dictionary: * Features all the favourite ORT characters from Floppy to Wilma * Alphabet down the side of each page *

300 colour headwords and colour illustrations * Special topic words at the back to help with extended word level work and introduction on how to get the best out of the dictionary"
Reply to
John Rumm

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

Since John used his top gear persona instead of Dr Evil for his usual response to me I have been convinced they are indeed but facets of the same diseased mind.

Reply to
Roger

............. Have you sent any abusive personal emails to people lately?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I was not convinced... but...

hmmm then again, just looked back over the (short) history. There does seem to be one or two slip ups doesent there

not only that, there is only one post to a ng other than this one, and that is a basic question to a prius one ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

Snip dishonest drivel.

Reply to
Roger

Given that the Prius is only bought by nutcases in the UK, it's safe to assume they are one and the same person...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fascinating, absolutely fascinating.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I remember your previous posts about this and I'm sure you and Axminster are right that the product has a basic design flaw that effectively renders it useless in regard to its basic function of cutting joints at a 90 degree angle.

DeWalt and Axminster were selling this product for at least 18 months before you pointed the fault out to them (and probably some considerable time afterwards).

This suggests that the majority of purchasers didn't object to the uselessness of the product, and were happy to pay top dollar for the kudos of the brand name rather than any functionality.

Isn't this what IMM has been arguing all along?

Also, many people would consider it extravagant to pay for one of the more expensive tools on the market and have so little use for it that it takes a year and a half to discover it is inacapable of performing its basic function effectively.

Surely you should have explained to your daughter or, better still, her line manager that, by way of recompense for the inconvenience her unreasonable behaviour had caused you, you would be spending her inheritance on a Kango pneumatic hammer with which to insert a drawing pin once every year (although eighteen months and one-and-a-half drawing pins later, you'd discover it had a basic design flaw which rendered it unfit for purpose and have to exchange it for an even more expensive Hilti).

Reply to
mike

With respect, it appears that's what you're doing here:

on for

As I've said before, I think your dislike of Kress is more to do with your relationship with IMM than any objective assessment of their tools. This is a long-established German company, manufacturing in Europe, who've supplied Porter Cable and Mafell amongst others, still controlled by the founding family who will respond personally to e-mails, FWIW. I'd've thought that was the sort of service that would impress you. And it's not as if they're cheap.

When I wanted a 125mm angle grinder, I looked at Makita and DeWalt and decided I'd sooner pay the same for a Kress model. One or both of the others needed a tool to reposition the shield but the Kress was tool-free; the Kress came with variable speed, detachable cable and a curved side handle (like 230mm grinders). That might seem like unnecessary frippery but, after you've used it for a while you realise how much more ergonomic and comfortable it is than a traditional stick handle. I'm not convinced that the safety ring switch is any improvement over a traditional push switch but it's no worse. It's had some hammer over a period of years and, touch wood, it's till going strong.

I haven't got exclusively Kress tools but the ones I have got, I've been happy with.

...although, in fairness, this opinion is apparently not shared by that cheap-skate cowboy wood-butcher, Norm Abram.

Reply to
mike

I trust this double CD contained only the works of an honest singer-songwriter able to provide back-up and personal service in the form of heartfelt sincerity and a refusal to pander to the lowest common denominator, rather than the work of some volume retailer / covers band playing the numbers game with OEM / hit factory produced disposable pop.

Mind you, using the IMM model, I guess one could argue that three Girls Aloud is better value than one Bob Dylan.

If one Girl Aloud conks, just chuck her and pick up another.

Keep drilling, no downtime..... so to speak.

Reply to
mike

Problem is though, you can see the attraction of buying a set of S-Club

7 based on the quantity you get for your money. but as with many bargain packs like this, you end up finding that you only ever end up using the Rachel Stevens and hence she wares out before all the others... ;-)
Reply to
John Rumm

Years ago they sold their Tradesman range which *was* competitive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

With respect, that is precisely what I am not doing.

so on for

Nope. Opinions are from looking at the products. I couldn't find anything that impressed me.

Do you really think in your wildest dreams that I would base opinion of a product that I might or might not buy on the input of IMM? Please.

That's fine and doesn't cause me a problem. As I said, I found nothing that they made that impressed me. However, it's entirely possible that they make a nice angle grinder. I haven't been in the market for one of those for some time.

Nobody of sentience would base a buying decision on the whims and recent handouts of Norm, or anybody else in a TV program for that matter

Reply to
Andy Hall

To their credit, Axminster replaced the tool after the nominal 12 month warranty. However, I pay little regard to 12 month warranties anyway - they are a convenience for the retailer only. If something is not right with a product after that then I expect a replacement.

There was never any issue with Axminster in getting a replacement or a refund.

Some people would not have noticed the problem and may even not be unhappy with 2 degrees of error. In a smaller geometry i wouldn't be noticable anyway.

The DeWalt jointer isn'r a top dollar product. It is mid range.

It's a mid range tool and it is not obvious until one measures carefully that there is an issue.

I preferred the outcome that I got. Everybody was happy. Daughter got her CDs. I wasn't out of pocket. Virgin retained a customer and made sure that their supplier was more careful.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Absolutely. Only the best.

I have no idea or interest in who Girl Aloud might be.

If it works for you....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Mark, only on the Internet you get this.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Great idea. If you buy two cheap party CDs then when they party is in full swing and some drunken person sit on your CD and ruins it the party goes flat. So, have two cheap CDs in case, then no one misses out on the Hokey Cokey or the Laughing Policeman.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil