Erbauer drills 14.4V vs 18V?

No. You're the one recommending the cheapest oil. I never have. I stick to the spec recommended by the engine maker who knows rather more than you - as does just about everyone else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh you do jest. You only want to put the cheapest and nastiest oil in. That is fine for you, so please do it ASAP.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I looked at one of the PPro 1/2" ones, and found that superficially it looked ok with a couple of nice touches like dust extraction up the leg etc. It was only on picking one up you found the plunge was pretty rough, reports from other users also seemed to say it delivered nothing like the claimed power either.

The real killer (possibly literally) was the minimum speed however, it would not go below about 15k rpm. With a large diameter cutter in a table, that was going to be lethal!

The Freud that I got in the end however is ideally suited to large cutters, low speed, and feedback speed control.

Same here... I had used lots of different models over the years in the

Reply to
John Rumm

I used a large Hitachi saw (about 300mm IIRC) that belonged to a friend of mine who is a pro joiner... like most of his tools it looked like it had been through the wars, rattling round in the back of the van, getting trodden on, things spilt on it etc. Based on the look of it, I was not expecting that much. Having rip cut four 4m lengths 6x2" into 16 firrings however I was well impressed! Very smooth, powerful, vibration free, accurate cut. No unwanted flexibility in the base, good adjustments of all the main parameters, nice balance, and handles exactly where you want and need them. It would also cut over 3" deep making it far more useful than those that run out at 60mm.

I have a 270mm B&D proline saw that bought many years ago which I thought was quite good (this was their top end range before they bought Elu and DeWalt etc), and compared to many tools at the time was actually quite good. However the Hitachi blows it away in every respect.

Reply to
John Rumm

What did I write that you don't believe, about you being gullible? well it's true, you are.

Reply to
Kaiser

Since you snipped the bit about using oil to the specifaction - or better

- than that recommended by the engine maker, I take it you think you know more than them too?

A fool and his money... Unfortunately it's usually other's money you try to waste.

Stick to telling us to buy cheap tools. Like all pros use. In your dreams.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mr Cheese, all of it except the red bit.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Unlike you Adam, John, IMM, Doctor Evil, top gear, I don't feel the need to change my name every week.

Kaiser

Reply to
Kaiser

Wonder what a trick cyclist would make of John's constant need to give nicknames to many and avoid using his own name?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mr Cheese, you have a few names, that is clear. Do you go to thinking school?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

A penny pinching fool usually fails.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Richard, Mr Cheese is his real name.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Well im slightly surprised you have gone along with this one.

Masonry drills tips are ground to a chisel edge and are designed to be used in a hammer action, this angle means they don't cut. Ever tried drilling into wood with one ? So the only why you make a hole in masonry with one is by abrasive friction, which will a) blunt your drill or b) as the carbide tip is brazed onto a softer shank, melt the tip off.

This is one for the misuse of tools, bad working practice, and a qualifying point in the. "Wrong type of engineer badge"

-- Mark§

Reply to
Mark

My real name is Mr Kaiser to you, I don't need to hide behind nicknames like you.

Reply to
Kaiser

That fits.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Kaiser is cheese, we all know that. Mr Cheese, how could you?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

You can pick up a Ryobi at most B&Qs now and they

Please, please, buy an English dictionary, read and learn what the words mean and then use them!! English is not a complicated language, even for a foreigner, with care!

LOL Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

No it oused.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Yes feel at home, you've already earned the 5stars and bar on yours :-)

Reply to
Mark

Who said you have to use 'traditional' masonry drills?

Or wrong choice of tools for the job.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)