Erbauer drills 14.4V vs 18V?

I doubt he does.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

...and an idiotic fool. Only on the Internet you get this.....

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

That varies Jim. On some products they have 5 years on an almost continuous basis. On others, they offer 5 or 10 years on a promotional basis although perhaps not all the time.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Really?

You think a hole into soft masonry is critical in dimensions?

Some - probably not you - keep a comprehensive set of HSS drills for important things well clear of those used for jobbing work. HSS jobbing drills are so cheap that there's no reason not to. Unlike 'masonry' drills.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What! I have never known you admit you are wrong at any time. And you are wrong most of the time.

That is Little Middle English.

It is totally correct.

Oh, he has.

He conjures up some great entertaining woodwork though.

Mike is very down to earth, and has hit the nail on the head. Very astute observation I may say so myself.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Well the next cheapest price which is on the site you quoted is £76:

OK, that makes it £29 more which isn't a huge difference.

Your inability to add anything useful makes you the drivelling fool...

cheerio, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

The tosh continues....

You don't say......

And by the time the 1960s badge engineering came about Austin and Morris dealers were one and the same.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Ok. You're entitled to your views - are is everyone. All I know is that Andy comes across as knowing what he talks about. And gives chapter and verse about how he comes to his decisions. After that, it's up to 'us' to decide about value for money with a particular tool. Personally, I always listen to the genuine pros or gifted amateurs for guidance before making a decision. Not those who merely quote adverts. YMMV.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What!! I added £13!!!

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Dave,

Andy may be better informed about some things than John. It doesn't mean he's always right, it doesn't mean he should never be criticised, and it doesn't give him the right to hector others in that condescending way.

Mike

Reply to
mikengac

Only on the internet do you get window shoppers who recommend things purely on their price and colour, and don't have a clue how they perform. Oh - and those who claim to have bought them, but haven't. And also to have qualifications to substantiate their views, knowing it's near impossible to check them out. Sad.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Shudders!

Hmm perhaps you would like to explain to anyone still interested in this thread from a technical point of view, why this is so ?

-- Mark§

Reply to
Mark

Richard, I never recommended anything. I pointed out the differences between the two Makita ranges, and how this company is having to drop its prices, without admitting it is, by introducing another marque, which is basically the same stuff.

You didn't know that did you? Only on the Internet you get this. If this was the cowboy days, you would get run out of town.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

It seems to me that it's you who has the issue here. Firstly I have never claimed or even given the impression that I am always right.

I think that you are confusing a reasoned argument (whether or not you agree with the reasoning) with something handed out as undisputable fact. I'm always open to criticism - it gives me no problem at all. If you don't feel able to debate the subject, that's fine, but it's your issue and not mine.

Obviously I describe things based on my set of values and judgment criteria. I take pretty good care to make clear what those are and to point out that others may well have other scales of values.

However, I make no apology for describing a broader way of looking at things than people may have thought of - e.g. looking at total lifetime cost of a product choice including personal time and not just the investment cost. I think that people can make their own choices easily enough.

Nobody is treating anybody in a condescending way or hectoring them as you put it, and I really have no idea why you have that impression.

Either way, it would be far more useful if the subject matter were discussed rather than your misguided views on how others present their opinions.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I never.....

...Don't let the policeman hear you.

Do a Google on your posts. Appalling....

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Why do you keep changing my name, one minute its Mr Cheese, then Mt Cheese and now Mr Chesse?

Reply to
Kaiser

Mr Cheese, it just Cheese then.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Insufficient energy per percussion...

By way of comparison, the render on some parts of the outside of my house is so hard that if I stick a new 7mm masonry bit in my Bosch hammer drill, I can get a hole about 10mm deep in a couple of mins. Another 5 mins of drilling will get the bit knackered, and the hole wider, but not much deeper.

A 7mm SDS drill bit in my SDS drill at about 1/2 speed will sink a hole straight through the render in 10 secs flat. Much the same story if you need to drill engineering bricks.

If you need to drill hard masonry with any regularity then SDS is the only way to go.

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Not so long ago dIMM claimed to have been a child much later than that. I can't now recall whether it was the 60s or 70s but if true in neither case could he be likely to have any practical experience of buying a brand new 1100 (discontinued 1974) of any flavour.

I am of the opinion that the problem is that he *isn't* taking his medication.

Reply to
Roger

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

If you have a hard stone house drilling holes with a normal hammer drill is likely to reduce some people to tears. A SDS drill is a revelation.

Reply to
Roger