Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

In message , at 11:05:43 on Tue, 10 Jun 2008, The Natural Philosopher remarked:

In the event of an isolated small bank failure I suspect.

If Deutsche Bank went broke I think it might not be able to cope. A quick Google says there are nearly 3,000 different banks (ie different legal entities) in Germany, more like the USA where it seems every town has its own small bank.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 22:37:43 on Mon, 9 Jun 2008, The Natural Philosopher remarked:

Railtrack doesn't really exist. Did you mean "Network Rail"? Say they run optimally to anyone with a journey involving Rugby Station, and you'll get laughed at.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Look up 'efficiency' 'cartel' and 'jobs for he boy' and 'unions' to see why things are the way they are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm sure people know why things are like they . I thought the OP was looking for reasons as to why the authorities shouldn't legislate to stop it being that way.

tim

Reply to
tims next home

Would they? No need for motor factors to have massive stocks of umpteen different type of what ever. Less transportation. Every garage could carry the full range of common consumables for all cars, this would save the motor factors delivery van doing a trip just to deliver a single set of filters etc to a garage servicing a particular model that they don't have stock for.

With fewer types economy of scale in manufacture kicks in, you just make

10,000,000 "filter, oil, type C" instead of 100,000 of this 3 million of that another 750,000 of the other, oh and 50,000 of variant B of filter X etc etc.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice