Cooker Hood problem??

Hi all,

not been on the ng for a couple of years now as family / work etc have decreed that ive not had the time for proper diy.

However, I am refurbing our kitchen now that ive got a small bit of time on my hands and this includes a new extractor for over the oven not unlike this one.

the previous one was a built in one and the connection between it and the outlet in the ceiling was a flexible black tube. Now this in itself is not a problem, however, because of the fixed chimney on the new one, it doesnt line up with the outlet in the ceiling :-(

So im going to have to move it over to the right about 3 inches. That will be fiddly as it will necessitate cutting out a section of plaster board and filling in the gap but the real question is, before i do it, will there be some slack in the pipe leading to the outside wall?

Im worried that im going to have to replace the whole thing :-(

Any thoughts and advice?

Reply to
Donegal Paul

... now that ive got a small bit of time on

Where do you get that, then?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I hear you can get that off with turps.

Ric.

Reply to
Ric

"Mary Fisher" said to "Donegal Paul"

Would you believe that i found it at the very back of one of the kitchen drawers? along with a pizza wheel cutter that i thought id lost :-)

Reply to
Donegal Paul

"Ric" said to "Donegal Paul"

heh, tried it, didnt work:-)