Which Hedge Trimmer

Have 30 to spend on a hedge trimmer. I only have a small bush but it needs tidying once or twice a year
Any recommendations?
thanks!
|> Have 30 to spend on a hedge trimmer. I only have a small bush but it |> needs tidying once or twice a year |> |> Any recommendations?
A pair of garden shears.
Regards, Nick Maclaren.
When I say small, I mean about 10 feet long and 7 feet tall. I cant be arsed with shears
Deep Thought wrote:

So, no deep thought, then.
Go to B&Q and buy a:
> Performance Power Electric Hedge Cutter PWR550HTA Power: 550 watt, > Blade length: 60cm Branch cutting diameter:20mm Weight:3.9kg Cable > Length:10 metres Mechanical blade brake Aluminium guide rail > Connecting rod gear Asymetric blade
for 30 quid. Make sure you keep the receipt.
Alternatively, on the same page:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/category/category.jsp?CATID 90030
There's the McCulloch Petrol Hedge Trimmer Gladiator 550, which according to B&Q will cut 18 cm. branches. Must be quite a monster. A snip at only 120.
No, I am proposing that you use them to trim the hedge :-)
If you actually work out how much time and effort you will spend (forget the money, and the storage space, where manual tools win), you will often find that manual tools are often faster and easier.
Also, I got rid of my electric hedge clipper because I was not strong enough in the arms to use it safely, and it was tiring me so badly - I keep my shears, because using them safely needs less effort and they are less tiring.
But it is amazing how few people are rational about such things.
Regards, Nick Maclaren.
Nick Maclaren wrote:

cant
Hell, Nick, you still don't get it, do you? You seem to think gardening's about growing plants, and fun, and prehistoric shit like that. I know for a fact that when a bump appeared on your lawn you _didn't_ hire a rotovator, you _didn't_ buy fifty tons of topsoil, and you _didn't_ returf the lot. I don't like to accuse a man on circumstantial evidence, but I bet you even grow flowers from _seeds_, for heaven's sake! Get it into your head that proper modern gardening's about spending money, and making lots of noise, or the Conspicuous Consumption Police will come and cart you away to the Techno-Bucks Re-education Centre before you infect anybody else with your destructive notions.
I'm only telling you for your own good.
--
Mike.

Thanks for the warning. That bump appears about the time that I was visited by a salesman who insisted that I bought an all electronic dibber, with an easy-to-use Windows XP interface.
Regards, Nick Maclaren.
Deep Thought wrote:

They are less work on that size than a trimmer.

Nothing wrong with a small bush ...lol Stuart
Shift THELEVER to reply.
Deep Thought wrote:

I bought a mains-powered Bosch (I forget the model number, sorry) from Focus for 20-something quid a few weeks ago - it seems fine to me, and has to be better than the own-brand crud all the sheds sell.
David
"Deep Thought" wrote

Not within your budget (three times more), but how about a Garden Groom? http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/product.jsp?CATID 90030&entryFlaglse&PRODID80074&paintCatId same link http://tinyurl.com/cptb3
It collects as it cuts - for a reluctant gardener like me, that's just the job
Have 30 to spend on a hedge trimmer. I only have a small bush but it needs tidying once or twice a year
Any recommendations?
thanks!
If you only have a small bush you would be better spending your money on a good pair of Felco secateurs .......theres no substitute for judicous pruning
A hedge trimmer is going OTT and will not leave a good result either