Where to get small-sized bath?

Anyone know, off-hand what the size of the smaller standard-shaped baths are? I have a feeling that the typical ones won't quite fit in the small bathroom I'm gonna build...

Anyone know of a UK source online with a varied selection?

Ta v. mucho..

McB

Reply to
McB

I just went and asked at the local plumber's merchant. They could offer me a range of baths in multiples of 50mm smaller than a standard bath, plastic or steel at prices starting around

300 quid.

The sheds rarely have anything except the 'standard' full size.

The bathroom shops wanted, in excess of a grand.

tim

Reply to
tim

I don't, but let me pass on a tip gleaned from an architect used to shoehorning bathrooms into small places - if you're starting a bathroom from scratch and are demolishing and rebuilding stud partitions, it's sometimes possible to make use of the sloping back of the bath by making it coincide with the sloping ceiling above the stairs - you can gain a precious few inches of bath length that way. Obviously only works for specific circumstances though.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks for the input. So what size was the small one you got, exactly?

McB

Reply to
Jake

B&Q do a (L) 1500 x (W) 700 x (H) 510mm bath.

Lee

Will a corner bath fit?

Reply to
Eiron

You can do down to the size of those sit in baths that you can get. My problem was that I considered the 'standard' small bath at IIRC 200mm smaller than a 'normal' bath was too small for the only bath and as I my available space was only 50mm short of the normal size this is all that I wanted to save.

tim

Reply to
tim

Great tip, thanks; unfortunately my situation is the exact opposite; I'm trying to fit a bathrom *underneath* some stairs!

McB

Reply to
McB

That's useful info; thanks! I will see if that will fit.

McB

Reply to
McB

Good suggestion. I had already considered odd-shaped baths. But will reconsider...

Thanks McB

Reply to
McB

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:39:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@thetoshwalk.com (McB) strung together this:

In that case, fit the bath on the ceiling then!

Reply to
Lurch

The ends of my bath are recessed into the walls by about 25 mm each end.

Reply to
John

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:38:51 GMT, "John" strung together this:

Reply to
Lurch

I am almost certain that B & Q do a 1500mm as well as 1690, 1695, 1700 and

1800.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl ®

Try Cabuchon Baths or Mantaleda, or Omni.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

I never thought of that! Thanks! ;-))