Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: All Brits together?
Become apparent to who ? What about those after 6 months ? Which is what happened after the product was 4 years old. what about after that 2 years ? So you'd have more rights in England than scotalnd...
20
20

Slightly OT: Reginal News TV transmissions in HD
BBC South (ITV Meridian region) is the same.
84
84

Be wary of SkyLink and there suggested free TV channels
Does every single pay TV service carry all the FreeView stuff?
18
18

failed connecto wi-fi
Ausus Eee PC notebook, winxp I only use for going on hols and turned on today to update but it wont connect to house wi-fi (virgin) previous to this it was ok. Message "windows was unable to find a...
11
11

Replacing immersion heater
This looks a bit tight without removing the heating pump. What do the team think? It's an 11 inch 3kw immersion heater. http://tinypic.com/m/k4h16x/2 http://tinypic.com/m/k4h16x/2...
14
14

Help with printer selecton
I have a HP Photosmart 7520 printer. It gets intermittent use, the problem is it needs sorting almost every time I wish to use it. The cartridges dry, or some other problem develops. I suspect it is...
33
33

On Topic: Funny story, for the chemists; and a question
I wanted to modify a concrete bird bath that we have -- to partly fill in the deep channels in it, so that bird crap doesn't accumulate so badly. My plan was (is) to make a sloppy mix using fine sand,...
5
5

Stinking washing machine
I prefer my towels to bend and not be like brillo pads ;) But yes, I had to stop using normal conditioner for a while as it affected someone's skin in the family. Then I found "Attitude Fabric...
32
32

That eBac dehumidifier :) :) :)
Called them and it turned out it was still under (4 year) warranty. Just had it returned (collection and delivery courier paid for by eBac) and it's whirring away. Room already smells fresher. Total...
2
2

EPDM pond liner as roof covering
Local garden centre sell EPDM pond liner in a variety of widths and they just cut off as much as you need from a big roll. It seems to be 1.2 mm thick, same as the roofing stuff. Is this the same...
7
7

Fused neutral cutout.
Just has a letter from UK Power Networks stating their records show I have one of these which is outdated and needs to be replaced urgently. Be interested to know why this has suddenly become urgent....
136
136

Well, that saved a few bob - more. Riser blocks
Having tracked down the company that made these wedges for UPVC doors and windows, plus had a quick email exchange with them. The wedges are called 'riser blocks' and they are supposed to be...
17
17

Re: Britain prefers 'No Deal'
Do you not realise that the "Mirror" will publish almost anything which is in any way critical of the Tories ? In this case the mess they have landed us in after two years of non "negotiations" ? That...

Protect microphone connections
I've got an XLR mic that is almost open to the elements, a large but covered space. It's been there a couple of years and the mic and connections seem fine, though the wingnuts and clamping screws are...
11
11

Bosch blue for 50 quid
This seems quite cheap for a Bosch blue drill driver with two (small) batteries and charger. £50. ScrewStation sell the bare drill for over £70. It looks very compact. Amazon Prime Day, so just...
4
4