Subject Author Posted Replies

Boxing Day +1
Last night, at bedtime, one of the stairlifts started to beep. The fault code said 'no charge'. This has always in the past meant that the track needed cleaning. This morning I started to clean the...
3
3

Smoked Haddock - How does this work?
Four individual cuts, each separately sealed in plastic, then in a second outer sealed plastic and frozen. Outer package said caught in north east atlantic, in Norwegian Sea. Name on outer package...
19
19

swapping single channel c/h programmer to 2 channel
swapping a single channel programmer for a 2 channel as the hot water is continually on is this a easy enough task to do the controller on the system is a drayton tempus 1 Thanks
3
3

OT: Dementia
Hi, My siblings and I have been taking it in turns to look after our mum after she had a nasty fall recently. We're not expecting her to be up and about for another 12 weeks. Anyway, we siblings share...
69
69

OT On Treason May
Every claim made by Theresa May and her rebuttal unit is false - Independence Daily Every claim made by Theresa May and her rebuttal unit is false - Independence Daily
29
29

Does anyone repair Bosch dishwasher timers?
The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and washing! Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it...
9
9

Wera screwdriver sets?
Hi all, I've seen mention here of 'Wera' screwdrivers and saw a set at Homebase whilst looking for a good fit screwdriver for some laptop screws the other day. It seems a 'good' Philips No1 fits these...
11
11

Inconsiderate parking
As a cyclist you should appreciate that bad parking is annoying.
8
8

Bosch Dishwasher Woes
Had the same on bosch smv40t10gb. It was the float switch that had been blocked by a lemon pip that was caught in all the gunk that builds up. I took the whole plastic float tank off and washed it out...
25
25

OT(Slightly) Street Lamp Infrastructure.
I have just been out to walk off at least part of the excesses of the last couple of days and came across a street lamp with its access panel missing. A photo is here. looks like a single street lamp...
29
29

Problem connecting 2 phones to the same BT line
I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some time. Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a Amplidect 400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not...
12
12

501 and 506 universal pva bond
hi. i use a lot of 501 PVA Bond for decoupage and craft work.. price wise 506 is £4 pound cheaper. would it do the same job. is it the same.... please help if you can
3
3

The mixergy tank
Any thoughts on this or is it just marketing hype. Mixergy is revolutionising the domestic hot water tank market, decarbonising the home and lowering bills with new smart technology. Mixergy is...
7
7

How not to use a combi boiler
Had dinner at the gf's parents yesterday. Her mother turned the CH on at the programmer and then turned down the room stat. Her reasoning for doing this. "So that there would be some hot water for the...
11
11

A DIYers tale.
Shortly after we moved into our last house I was running a network cable into the den. Up into loft from Box room (where the phone socket and router were installed), across loft, down through build in...
5
5