How not to use a combi boiler

Had dinner at the gf's parents yesterday. Her mother turned the CH on at the programmer and then turned down the room stat. Her reasoning for doing this.

"So that there would be some hot water for the washing up but she did not want the radiators on"

Reply to
ARW

I had a boiler like that 20 years ago.

It wasn't a combi though :-)

Has gf inherited mother's looks or brains?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Was she perhaps used to an old boiler of antique status before? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In my view, the name is misleading, it is in effect the opposite, ie you can have them seperately not combined.

Maybe the real name should be asepi boiler? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Mind you I just checked my fruit machine to see how much we have lifted off my brothers m-i-l on Christmas Day.

£43. She did not have £40 of change on her when she arrived but my brother had stashed some pound coins away just in case she wanted to swap a couple of notes........
Reply to
ARW

I fitted the combi 8 years ago.

Reply to
ARW

You should be in net profit quite soon.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

ARW submitted this idea :

Present partner was unaware that here she could run both hot and cold to fill a bath at the same time.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Sometimes the lights are on but there's nobody in. ?

Reply to
Cynic

Priceless!

Bit poignant for Boxing Day? ;-)