Glowworm Ultimate - no hot water

I have a 6 year old Glowworm Ultimate (not sure which model), its been fine, today no hot water, but the radiators are fine.

When I turn up the central heating thermostat I see/hear the boiler light, but when I run the hot water nothing, just cold water.

The control set by the boiler (honeywell) appears ok, pushing the boost or putting the HW onto 24hr doesnt alter anything.

My thinking was that their must be some sort of pressure switch/ thermostat combination - but boilers are not something I have tackled before.

Any help/advise welcome

Reply to
piv

Loads of possibilities and not enough enough information.

Some possibilities in no particular order:

  1. Cylinder stat broken.
  2. Wiring fault (i.e. loose connection)
  3. Programmer relay fault.
  4. Zone valve broken.

Does the zone valve make a noise when you turn the hot water side on and off?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

divertor valve stuck or broken ?

Reply to
.

I went off last night to check these but didnt because I found the following:

Turned off power to boiler Turned power back on Cycled the CH to off Cycled the HW to 24 hour Boiler sprang into life I went to the boiler & adjusted the thermostat & could hear the boiler going on / off correspondingly. Cycled the HW to off I cycled the CH to on but had the hall thermostat down to not click on Cycled the HW to on - nothing Adjusted the boiler stat - nothing Cycled the CH to off, HW to 24 & the boiler came on. I put both to auto (they dont overlap programs) & turned up the hall stat This morning hot water, radiators hot

is it cured? or is their a gremlin

Reply to
piv