No hot water from Triton shower mixer

I've a Triton thermostatic mixer that's only been used three times in six years and can only get cold water from it. The water flow from the valve is constant, even when turning the temperature control from cold to hot. I've removed it from the wall and both hot and cold feeds are fine so it's not an airlock. If I blow into the hot water side of the valve it's totally blocked.

Anyone have any thoughts what the problem could be?

Roly

Reply to
Roly

It's probably all gunged up inside through lack of use - with the thermostatic bit stuck in a position which blocks the hot inlet. Can you dismantle it and clean it out? If it's scaled up, soak the bits in vinegar over night.

Reply to
Set Square