Problem connecting 2 phones to the same BT line

I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some time. Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a Amplidect 400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each other. when both are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or indeed ring. what, if anything, am I doing wrong? I thought one solution may be to purchase additional handsets for the Amplidect, however I cannot find them anywhere! :-((

Reply to
Broadback

Maybe you need to get the ringing current checked on the line. On the other hand most amplified phones now use psus not take power from the line as they used to.I suspect the telecom companies got wise to this free power ruse and limited it. I'm sure you can get repeaters though that will allow many phones on one line. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Too many telephone master points?

Reply to
ARW

Check the cord and socket wiring. If pairs are transposed or shorted, the Amplidect may be running on 2 wires, but the BT2700 need the third bell wire for ringing.

Try separate master sockets/ADSL filters on the BT2700 to recreate the 3rd wire ringing signal.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

on 26/12/2018, Broadback supposed :

Both distinct phone sets, need to be set to use one single common base unit, rather than the two separate ones I assume you are using now.

The one(s) not working with their intended base, might be rather restricted in their facilities, but should do the basic functions.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

As Harry says, you should be able to register the Mybelle handsets to the Ampdect base, or vice versa, up to a total of six, and at least get basic GAP functionality, which may be all you need

Reply to
Graham.

Seems the Mybelle is a novelty wired phone, and the 2700 is the other basestation, but my suggestion still stands.

Reply to
Graham.

Thank you all for your useful suggestions. I have now rewired the sockets connecting the bell wire. It now works great deal better. I can answer calls on both the BT and the Amplidect phones, also make calls. The one remaining problem is that if I answer on the BT phone the Amplidect stays connected and ringing.

Reply to
Broadback

That also suggests a cord/wiring fault. With some phones they will sense a DC voltage on the ringing wire and treat it as a ringing signal.

Check the wiring is not reversed 2345 - 5432 anywhere, bearing in mind some extension sockets are numbered the opposite way to BT sockets (which are traditionally numbered the opposite way to the plug!).

It's also possible if you have two master sockets reversed that the out-of-service resistor on one might be bleeding enough voltage through to the ring wire on the other for this to happen.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Sorry I did not understand that. :-((

Reply to
Broadback

Reply to
Graham.

See here

But the moral remains - I think you still have a wiring fault somewhere and it may be on the fixed wiring or on the phone line cords.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thank you.