OT On Treason May

snipped Harry's crap

A sweary brexit song - "Own Your Shit"

TimW

And what I have been suggesting the fanatic Brexiteers should be forced to do from the beginning. ;-)

Luckily, we recorded everyone's votes ... <weg> (and had pressure sensors in the ballot papers so we could record the effort they put into their mark). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

An Irish friend sent me a sign/headline whatever...

?We?ll be fine after Brexit? says country brought to a standstill by a toy helicopter.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

And joking aside, that is very pertinent.

What we have established with the EU over 40 years exists on a very finely tuned balance and it will only take a tiny hiccup to knock a myriad of things out of kilter (at our cost).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Very very true. And we've only seen the tip of the iceberg so far.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

all the more reason for them to co-operate as it is unravelled then

tim

Reply to
tim...

Don't be so silly, Dave.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

And yet these clowns want to perpetuate this monstrosity. They appear to think that something that will cause disaster if someone sneezes is a good thing.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What is it with this 'co-operate'?

Any *negotiation* re a parting of the ways is a function of how reasonable you *should / need to* be and how strong your hand is.

When I divorced my first wife I made her an offer that I thought was reasonable, as did (as it happens) her solicitor and it was *nothing* like half the estate.

The offer was 'accept the deal' and we remain friends or don't, waste a load of money neither of is can afford and we don't. Luckily she took the sensible option. ;-)

We are leaving the EU, not them leaving is and just as the minority of the electorate who voted Leave *should* be able to justify their decision (on behalf all of us), it's up to us to justify and therefore negotiate our position with them, *IF* we expect to retain some of the perks afterwards.

Maybe it's because I'm not a fanatic nor have a dog in this fight, I can retain a 'reasonable' POV on it all?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I find it just utterly baffling why anyone would defend our continued membership of this shit-show. At some point in the future, and probably not that long from now, the Euro WILL collapse and the whole of continental europe will go to the devil along with it. Do we really want to be a part of that nightmare when it comes? Dave & Co. must be bonkers, that's all I can say. All the seeds of the 3rd world war are already in place now.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

And you can see how these left brainers simply don't seem to get the real world isn't black and white like they imagine (they imagine because they don't have the eyes to see or understand) and that

*everything* is a very fine balance.

Like a near 50:50 result in the EU referendum wasn't proof of that.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Of course you do. Just as you would with anything you don't actually understand. I bet there is *nothing* you would ever accept our membership of the EU has been good for. You (and your kind) are dangerous.

All seen in black and white in your crystal ball I'm guessing?

See above.

Because they don't consider themselves as clairvoyants?

That may be better than the UK becoming a 3rd world country (all on it's own), all down to the fanatic Brexiteers.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Tee hee. The Doom concept. The whole world could collapse around us - but provided we're out of the EU, we'll be OK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The reason you are baffled is simple. You have no idea what the EU actually does, or how it is governed because you have read the Daily Mail and the Express which have filled your head with falsehoods. So sadly you think you know, and feel entitled to mouth off about it but you are really very ignorant.

Your understanding of business, trade and economics is probably poor and that's no criticism, there's no reason why it should be otherwise except that that clown Cameron gave everybody a vote on EU membership and wise voting actually requires some understanding.

Free trade has always been good, ever since the ancient world when we benefitted from membership of the Roman Empire with it's currency, regulations, trade routes and single customs system. If you have no idea what the benefits of a massive customs free single market are then I guess you might be perplexed by a lot of things.

As for this shit about the coming collapse and the third world war - you have listened to some crappy pound-shop philosophers on the internet and you don't have the knowledge or the discernment to see that they are talking bollocks.

But don't worry about it. When we go out with no deal and people's loved ones are dying from the lack of medicines and doctors they will come looking for anyone who voted brexshit and it will be good for you if you can honestly say you didn't understand, you were baffled by the issues and mislead by Farage and Reely-Smugg. I won't tell anyone that you actually spend your free time keyboard warrioring for the leave cause, because you won't want people who lose their jobs and homes to know that. You'll want to just keep up the stupidity and bemusement act.

TW

Reply to
TimW

I do know that what it does, it does by appointees who are unaccountable to any electorate and who can't be voted out of office if they pursue policies that the population don't agree with.

and whilst they restrict their bailiwick to that of international trade, I can live with it

but they don't. They continually push the envelope to grab an ever increasing share of control of the region's political decision making.

and it is that that I voted not to be a part of.

tim

Reply to
tim...

I rest my case m'lud TW

Reply to
TimW

idk, if you just trot out a ukip slogan word or two "unnaccountable" "undemocratic" it's not much of an argument is it? The EU is democratic in two ways - The European parliament is directly elected, and all the states that make up the EU have to be democracies. Contrast that with say NATO which can kill us all without an iota of democracy anywhere in its constitution, or the Queen who we certainly can't vote out, it looks pretty good to me.

TW

Reply to
TimW
<snip>

or the Queen who we certainly can't vote out, Now, why would *you* want to? I don't.

Reply to
Richard

No I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions on this

I am not just stealing someone else's words (I wasn't even aware that they routinely used them)

but it has bugger all powers

big deal

bit it isn't lead by egoists who are going to, is it?

and who is a completely benign influence (by choice)

tim

Reply to
tim...