OT On Treason May

the biggest problem with getting rid of the Queen is "what do you have instead?"

A president Blair or Thatcher seems an even worse option

tim

Reply to
tim...

In the US they elect their King every four years. Further, their King (no queens so far) has powers not dissimilar to the monarch in 18thC Britain, when they went their own way.

Meanwhile our system of government has evolved away from the sort of oligarchy we had back in the 18thC and earlier (when it was worse) to one where the Monarch, as Head of State, has next to no powers; she has to put up with whatever government can command a majority in the HoC. In the US they are still stuck with their obsolete design.

Meanwhile some here would like us to go *backwards* to the oligarchy that is the EU.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Meaning you only want so called democracy when it suits you?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That would mean a complete re-rewriting of the way that the UK is governed

Not going to happen any time soon

tim

Reply to
tim...

Again, you display your fantastic lack of comprehension. To use your pathetic "Pray tell", pray tell, Oh great f****it, where I said TimW was not allowed his opinion? You stupid little twerp, I asked him "why would you want to?". I then stated I don't wish to vote her out. WTF has that got to do with your stupid, puerile, dysfunctional statement.

Reply to
Richard

Ye don't think I'm *proposing* that for *us*, do you, Oh Soppy One?

Reply to
Tim Streater

For once, a pretty accurate summation on your part, Dave. Well done!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

as I said

what do you want to replace it?

Reply to
tim...

Calm down dear. Remember what your doctor told you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Apology accepted.

Reply to