Subject Author Posted Replies

Water hammer (new washer-dryer)
The new washer-dryer causes fairly loud water hammer every few minutes when drying (I haven't any noticed noise when washing, but it probably only cuts on and off a couple of times over the whole...
27
27

Boomer Plague & Terrified Boomers
I?ve increasingly noticed over the last few days that people ?of a certain age? are absolutely living in fear of Covid-19. On Monday in the Co-Op garage someone sneezed and several Boomers legged it...
66
66

Pressure washers
Does anyone know if Bosch and Karcher components are compatible. We need a new one and Im trying to get away from aKarcher but have lot of Karcher accessories

DIY ploddity?
The plodderies of Brit are notorious for not doing the job for which they are paid, in particular, investigating domestic burglaries, so demonstrating their DIY attitude as to which laws they will...
10
10

Extending a lighting circuit
I'm extending a lighting circuit to add a couple of wall lights on the 1st floor. I've got the cables laid from the loft down to the back boxes for the switches and outlets for the lights, and now I...
3
3

Boiler Choice
I have a standard mains gas boiler ..... Baxi Barcelona Considering changing this, need 30kW heat output ...... an option would be Worcester Greenstar 30Ri or the 8000Life Though could just get...
30
30

Numatic
My numatic sometime working sometimes not working but power light is on.. Bags and filters are looks fine.. Anyone help me what might be the problem?
7
7

Re: AGA solid fuel cooker (2023 Update)
Thanks The Natural Philosopher, ss and muddymike for your replies. I am in Kenya and have returned to the house I grew up in that has a 4 door (Model E?) charcoal burning AGA (which was abandoned for...
16
16

It pays to fix things quickly.
Back door catch was staying in after opening the door; putting the handle up forced it out (5-point locking). Stripped and cleaned it, operated it on the bench whilst looking all over it and spotted a...
6
6

What D-I-Y projects are you planning whilst working from home?
Like many I guess, being forced to work from home means that the daily timetable can change a bit. I am likely to work later in the evenings, leaving some time in the day to get a few round tuits...
42
42

DIY toe nails
How the hell am I going to cut my own toe nails? I can't reach my feet unless I hold my breath. Robotic surgery? Bill
13
13

OT: any idea what "travel to essential work" means?
Sadiq Khan has defined it as "travelling to work only if you work in a critical industry like the NHS", but is "essential work" defined anywhere else?
99
99

Different car battery
The battery on my car gave up last week. I'm used to the idea that when the battery is dying things like lights get weak and the car gets difficult to start. Not this one. The first clue (which I...
10
10

Re: English dormobiles ...
Any you wonder why you are killfiled by so many here! Sheesh. Why don't you go and ask a DIY question on a political group? The First Minister has told people flocking to the Highlands and Islands in...
11
11

OT: Tesco online delivery dates
Anyone know what time of day new delivery slots become available? Every time I look all available slots for about the next two weeks are fully booked. I?m guessing I just need to get in sharpish when...
18
18