OT: Tesco online delivery dates

Anyone know what time of day new delivery slots become available?
Every time I look all available slots for about the next two weeks are fully booked. I’m guessing I just need to get in sharpish when another day’s slots become available.
I’ve had a bit of a search online but can’t find an answer to this particular question.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 23/03/2020 15:01, Tim+ wrote:

No help, I know, but I cannot get deliverys lots from any of the supermarkets, I guess we will either have to go out or starve to death, on balance I think the virus would be preferable. In what wolrd do the politician's live?

They live in a world unfortunately where its necessary to scare people half to death in order to get them to take the sensible precautions which in all probability would prevent all but 99.99 of the population from getting an infection in the first place.
If there are insufficient resources to pay for an adequate police force then in order to deter people from committing crime in the past it was thought necessary to introduce savage and inhumane sentences for anyone who did get caught. By hanging them in public,
Similarly if there are insufficient resources to pay for an adequate health service ready to meet a 1 in 50 years emergency then its necessary if possible to scare people half to death. Although as the Wandsworth story in my other post indicates this doesn't yet seem to be having the desired effect,
I somehow doubt these people caught the infection from simply walking in the park but from remaining totally unprotected* in close proximity to an infected person for more than a few minutes. Or remaining in close contact with maybe more than one infected person.
And then putting at risk the lives of the medical staff who are charged with rescuing them from the consequences of their own stupidity.
michael adams
* Sure by virtue of being microscopic the virus can get through all sorts of masks etc. But in order to do so it needs to be in exactly the right place at the right time. Wearing any sort of mask will reduce that number of places and give it a much harder job. Again much of the advice is to prevent stupid people from being irresponsibly reckless as a result of overestimating the true protective value of simple masks.
.
michael adams wrote:

I went to an out-of-town retail park for a click & collect order, this involved passing the McDonalds, there was a crowd of dickheads snaking out the door and round the building desperate for their last Big Mac for an indeterminate time ...

While some poor sods don't really have any choice, as I doubt many people travalling on the Tube are doing so for pleasure nowadays. The Underground up to now has never been self financing; with either early shareholders many of them Americans seduced by Yerkes and latterly Local and National Govt picking up the tab. The withdrawal of all subsidy* and staff cut backs means that LT may be particularly vulnerable to staff shortages due to self isolating. As a consequnce its necessary to take out trains and close stations thus putting essential workers at further risk. Its impossible to reduce service intervals at busy times as it is and so trains which were formerly impossibly overvrowded during rush ahours are now simply overcrowded. LT's stats are grossly misleading to say the very least,
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52003076
michael adams
* while opportunists in far fliung outposts of the UK will doubtless be sliding out from under their stones to point to tube drivers extravagent wages.
michael adams
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 19:16:05 -0000, "michael adams"

Quite.
We walked the dog five miles on Sunday and saw possibly 20 people / family groups on the trip. We would typically pass on either sides of the path and unlike more normal times, didn't really stop to talk to anyone.
However, at various points we saw 'people' who didn't look to be family (possibly friends) who were doing stuff as you would pre social separation?
A mate (over 70 himself so should be particularly careful) didn't seem to be making any effort to separate and whilst he has closed his business, seemed to be carrying on doing his other stuff as usual?
The postman rang the doorbell the other day, put the package on the step and walked back to the gate (to check someone was in to take it in).
I texted said mate (who was due to drop stuff off) to suggest he did similar but he just knocked on the door and went to hand me stuff what I opened it. ... I backed down the hall, asked him to just put it down (on the step) and he put it in the hall?
Now he's not stupid but for some reason just doesn't seem to 'get' what all this is about?
Every time something like that happens it restarts my '14 days with no Covid-19 symptoms' counter. ;-(
Cheers, T i m
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 21:26:50 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
What part of it being marked 'OT' don't you get, troll?
And the point is, the OP was asking for help, not just posting some bizarre 'news flash' or observation.
Please try to do better.
Cheers, T i m

I imagine to an extent, it's location-dependent, but down here there's nothing available until mid-April at least, and there's no information beyond that, one way or the other. A person can get very hungry in three weeks...
--

Chris

12th of April is the latest date showing here. (It was the 11th yesterday). I think 3 weeks into the future is as far as the schedule ever goes.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 3/23/2020 6:46 PM, Tim+ wrote:

That has been my experience.
On 23/03/2020 15:01, Tim+ wrote:

I've heard anecdotally that just after midnight each day the next delivery dates are released but i haven't tried it yet. YMMV

Buggerit. Checked at 9 pm. Monday slots not yet available. At 11 pm, Monday now on the calendar, but fully booked. :-(
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

According to the Tesco app on my Android phone new slots become available at midnight, but the last two nights I tried no slots were available as the time rolled over to 00:00.
There is no answer as they will need to bring the army in to help. Brian
--
----- --
On 23/03/2020 15:01, Tim+ wrote:

Dont bother. They can only deliver what is on the shelves so most home deliveries only have 20% of what was ordered.
Mike

We managed a full weekly shop in our local Tesco last week. Some shortages but on the whole it wasn’t too bad.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:03:54 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Our local Aldi was almost dead after 11 a.m. yesterday. Until 2 p.m. at least.
On 25/03/2020 11:40, Bob Eager wrote:

Judging by the lack of customers and the dates on all the well-stocked ready meals on local M&S, there are going to be some wonderful yellow label reductions in a few days time. Either that or a lot of stuff is going to go to landfill (or biodigester).
Registeresd at Waitrose (the first hour is reserved for oldies like me), went through what I wanted, came to about £34, told I need £40 for click and collect or £60 for delivery. I can't get through that much in a week. Morrisons is an hour to do anything on the site - I wanted to register there.
I have a card for each but I'm not posh enough for Waitrose. Actually, it's about 6.5 miles to Waitrose so walkabel there, another 10 min. walk and a bus to 2 miles from home. Trouble is, it'll be well below freezing tomorrow and I daren't go out as there's someting which could turn serious if it gets too hot or cold. Still trying to work out how to get food.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away