Should i leave my batteries on Charge?

Hi there, i have just got a 24v Bosch drill from screwfix which came with 2 batteries Model number (Bosch PSB24VE2 Combi Drill 24V)

?id=41479&slotName=SPECIAL&homeRef=home&cm_re=STAR_BUYS-_-SLOT2-_-41479&catId=HOME&ts=41798&destination=/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp%3Fid%3D41479%26slotName%3DSPECIAL%26homeRef%3Dhome My question is should i just leave one of the batteries constantly in the charger (as it will trickle charge to compensate for the loss of charge over time) or could this damage the Batt over time.

I will not be a heavy user of the drill, maybe only once every 2 weeks or so.

Regarding the second battry, should i leave it in the discharged state or should i altenate between using this and the first battery. I am not likely to be using the drill all day long so will never require 2 fully charged batteries for 1 particular days work.

The manual says always leave a fully charged Batt in the drill (so over time if not plugged into trickyl charge it will drain) so having a bit of a dilema now.

What sort of period of time should i expect the batt to loose its charge totally after fully charged if left without charging it up?

Should i completely run down the batt before a re-charge (to prevent the batts memory effect)

Cheers in advance ( i know i asked a lot fo questions for my 1st post )

Martin Sinclair

Hi Martin - the manual should really give you advice on how to look after the batteries but failing that, you might want to have a read of this resource I bookmarked a couple of years back.

Regards, Midge.

?id=41479&slotName=SPECIAL&homeRef=home&cm_re=STAR_BUYS-_-SLOT2-_-41479&catId=HOME&ts=41798&destination=/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp%3Fid%3D41479%26slotName%3DSPECIAL%26homeRef%3Dhome>

Reply to
Midge