What polarity should I use to charge the cordless battery on my Black & Decker 9.6v drill

What polarity should I use to charge the cordless battery on my Black & Decker 9.6v drill. I lost the adapter that came with it. I have a multi volt adapter with a polarity switch. What polarity should I set it on? Thanks

Reply to
pdworley

Why not test the voltage on the connector with a multimeter and copy that?

Reply to
John Rumm

If its a Lithium, then you need a special charger. I'm not sure what tech they use but even nickel metal hydrides need a constant current and when fully charged just a pulse of very low current if they stay in the charger to keep them from overheating. Most batteries seem to charge better as single cells as capacities vary as the age and one cell being low gets reverse charged by the others in use in series. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa