paying in

went to the bank today to pay in some cash and it was shut...how does one pay in at the moment?.... will have some road tax refund checques soon as well to pay in.....

Back of Scotland lets you pay cheques in by smartphone. Maybe other banks too? Cash usually isn’t too hard to use usually, although in these strange times...
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 15:17:21 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

I can categorically confirm the Nationwide CANNOT.
Cheques are a real PITA .. I'd have thought cash isn't too bad ?

Nor can Natwest. When I last asked (probably about a year ago) they still intended to offer it but were a long way off being able to.
Barclays offer it to some customers: my sister was offered it a while ago, but my wife still hasn't, and both bank with Barclays.
Being able to pay in at the post office is useful if there's no branch of your bank nearby. Where I was living a year ago, the branch in one of the two markets towns nearby (Leyburn) had closed many years earlier, and the one in the other market town (Richmond, which also served Catterick Camp) closed a few months after we moved there. The nearest open branch was a 45-minute journey each way in Northallerton.
Using the post office you still have the long postal delay for cheques to be posted to a clearing centre, instead of the paid-in date being the date you hand the cheque over in a branch; the only thing you save over posting the cheque to a branch is the cost of a stamp.
On 23/03/2020 16:33, Jethro_uk wrote:

You can often pay them in at the ATM.
--
Adam

our local psot office, which is still open, will accept payins.
Otherwise write a chegue for the amount. post the cheque and take the cash.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On 23/03/2020 15:17, Tim+ wrote:

And Barclays
On 23/03/2020 14:54:04, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Most of us phones where we can pay in cheques. Only a Luddite would not have such a smart phone.
Most banks allow you to pay in cheques at their cash machines.
The alternative is to simply spend the money as cash, and if need be send a cheque in lieu.
Some don't have a clue!!

He's simply showing off, that he's got all these cheques to pay in.
Notice road fund tax refund "cheques" there to pay in, implying that he definitely owns more than one vehicle,
One possibly a motor-home complete with its own shower, maybe ?
michael adams
,,,

most cash machines are pay out only.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On 23/03/2020 21:14:31, charles wrote:

Ones attached to branches often provide additional services.
Banks are considered essential workers, so I'd suggest they are only manning key branches. I need cash, so they had best not shut banks as cash is what I pay my PAs with. Because the amount varies and timesheets and shopping vary, payroll systems are unworkable for the blind. Brian
--
----- --

Makes more sense to not use branches at all, do it all electronically.

No you don’t.

You can pay them with PayPal on your phone.

That’s wrong too when done electronically.

On 23/03/2020 14:54, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Pay in at your local Post Office.
Mike