Direct collection Bailiffs Ltd

Just received a demand for £160 for a parking offence on 08062017 that I never received notification for....how likely do you think I am to pay this ?
On 23/03/2020 14:37, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Under scottish law the driver is liable for this...how an I supposed to remember who was diving two and a half years ago?...tee hee

After 2 and a half years it’s almost certainly a scam. I would have thought that’s it’s way beyond any reasonable timescale for notification (assuming this is the first contact).
If it’s from a real council or company, ask for evidence.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Not the same as English law, then? The English parking companies got keeper paying in returning for losing clamping rights, but they never could clamp in Scotland AFAIK.
--

Roger Hayter

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 15:22:30 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@hayter.org (Roger Hayter) wrote:

Nope. Thankfully we are not subject to your wonderful, cynically titled "Protection of Freedoms Act, 2012 which, ironically, does not protect your freedom not to be held liable for civil debts that may have been incurred by other, unidentified, persons.

They did for a while, but the courts decided it was a "Bad Thing".

They could until the Court of Session ruled against it in the early 1990s. Something like demanding money with menaces.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Are you sure it is genuine? If it is, aye you should point out that under the current circumstances it would be a very bad show to be seen to be pursuing old debts. Brian