Boomer Plague & Terrified Boomers

I’ve increasingly noticed over the last few days that people “of a certain age” are absolutely living in fear of Covid-19. On Monday in the Co-Op garage someone sneezed and several Boomers legged it out the shop; at Asda at the weekend I saw older people make panicked u-turns in aisles once they’d clocked a few people coming in at the other end the aisle; yesterday when taking the kids out for their mandated exercise, grey hairs were crossing the road to avoid us as we strolled around our 4 mile route (while walking through the woods by the river, one old dear nearly fell into a bush as she tried to get as far away from us as possible on the narrow path).
I’m not having a pop at these people, just commenting that their behaviour is so radically different from usual Boomer mannerisms that it really stands out.
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Went out to exercise the kids this afternoon and same was happening; Boomers are like cats on hot tin roofs, absolutely terrified of us. I’m starting to understand how black people feel.
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
On 25 Mar 2020 18:09:07 GMT, Stephen Cole

You haven't got a clue have you?

Boomers are notoriously racist, Rich.
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
On 25 Mar 2020 21:08:25 GMT, Stephen Cole

Care to provide a reference for that statement?

Sure; Jim Stewart.
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
On 25 Mar 2020 21:58:12 GMT, Stephen Cole

Whilst some of Jim's views could be called questionable, he is only one example. Would you like to back up your statement?

Ok; Brian Reay.
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
On 25 Mar 2020 22:04:27 GMT, Stephen Cole

Could quote any racist comment that Brian has made? I don't remember any...

He described Jewish cultural and religious practices as “nonsense”.
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
snip

That may be a slight distortion of what he said; but anyway all religious practices are nonsense, and it is not racism to say so.
--

Roger Hayter

It is anti-semitism to pick out and attack just Jewish practices, as Brian did, and Brian’s anti-semitism is racism.
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Not when they are a lot more extreme than most religious practices.

Wrong. Jews arent a race.

An interesting discussion here --
Infinite Monkey Cage, "What is race?", BBC Radio 4:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06ybg84
#Paul

Nothing racist about that, he's absolutely correct.
On 26/03/2020 00:13, Stephen Cole wrote:

well he would be right then ...
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 07:16:48 +0000, Jim Stewart

OTOH He does Masonic ceremonies. How does that work out?
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 20:12:43 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."

Have I got to do the Diana Ross gag again?

Rich, instead, Rich, can you do the one where you say you hold a Full even though you actually only hold a 2E0? Thanks, Rich.