Boomer Plague & Terrified Boomers

You mean they are keeping their distance from you? Same as you and your kids should be doing from them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

BCG is used to treat bladder cancer. There is a world wide shortage. With the worst shortage in the US. NHS seems to be coping.

My guess is it's a relatively cheap (and effective) treatment. US drug companies want to sell much more expensive ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just look no further than here. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, but the noticeable difference is how they (Boomers) are visibly panicked while doing so but we (<50s) aren?t.

Had another cracking hike around town with the kids for our Government Authorised Exercise today. Lovely and sunny. Still very peaceful out but a fair bit more traffic on the road than yesterday and loads more people out and about (mostly <50s, it must be said). Went to Morrison?s to get some Gaviscon later in the afternoon but they?d instituted a ?one-in-one-out? policy and the queue was much more than I could be bothered with so I went to a petrol garage with a minimarket instead. Had a good chat with the guy on the till as he zapped my shopping at arm?s length, he was clearly enjoying the novelty of all this madness.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

I had haddock and chips for dinner, was lovely.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

OTOH He does Masonic ceremonies. How does that work out?

Reply to
Rambo

I ate the lot. Went down a treat.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

What you are mistaking for panic is a conscientious effort to stick to the rules, made the more urgent by your dilatoriness. What you are mistaking for personal fear is a concern to do the right thing by you as well as themselves.

I don't think your generation do promptness, thoroughness and attentiveness or precision, and probably not very much altruism. I blame Thatcher and trendy schools teaching that you don't have to achieve much to be a Unique Individual.[1]

[1] Jimmy Savile was a unique indiviual, for instance.
Reply to
Roger Hayter

Shirley Williams, Shirley ?

michael adams

michael adams

Have I got to do the Diana Ross gag again?

Reply to
Rambo

I blame Thatcher for the lack of altruism, and the schools for lack of insight into their incompetence.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

The generation that gleefully destroyed the climate? I don?t think so, Rog.

Jimmy Savile was your generation, Roger, shamefully.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

I think you need to go back about 150 years for that responsibility!

I mentioned him to point out that just being a special snowflake is not a guarantee of a useful life. Getting the prize for being last is not as good as being a little further up the effort chart.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Boomer ducks responsibility, as per.

It?s pretty creepy that you think Jimmy Savile was special, Roger. He was a dreadful individual.

Have you been drinking?

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Correct. Today I needed to go to a shop. I had to park on the wrong side of the road and walk over. The direct route passed through a large gap between two cars, but a someone was waiting there to cross. I walked diagonally across, partly for my own safety (more for my wife as she is vulnerable) and far more so as not to worry him.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

When a few hundred thousand people marched in protest against Brexit at Westminster, they did so out of a fear that their human rights were being needlessly torn to shreds and that their lives were about to get more precarious. I distinctly recall a great many Faragist Boomers ridiculing them as ?snowflakes?. Funny how the boot?s on the other foot now. And the Boomers don?t like it.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Rich, instead, Rich, can you do the one where you say you hold a Full even though you actually only hold a 2E0? Thanks, Rich.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Quite possibly. This being only one from among a number of similar such outrages and crimes against humanity, no doubt.

But Shirley, if Shirley Williams hadn't moved all the goal posts, then they'd have had a better idea of which game they were supposed to be playing in the first place, Shirley ?

michael adams

michael adams

Nice burn.

Reply to
Spike

True. The boomer generation should have restricted their breeding considerably. Then with luck, we wouldn't have had to read your crap.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)