Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Deodorant
I have a deodorant stick that offers 72-hour protection. Does that mean I only have to wash every three days? My shower gel OTOH gives 8-hour freshness, which implies I ought to shower three times a...
23
23

OT - any Raspberry PI / Debian Squeeze experts out there ?
HI Folks I see CPC are doing the Raspberry PI with Debian Squeeze on a 4gb SD-card for about ?40. Does anybody know if this kit can can a) be set up to auto-run a program from power-on without needing...
52
52

OT, but possibly weather-related
Agreed, though there are a number of Aga owners in here. Group added. Can't say I've noticed anything different in out pressure jet boiler but looking at the Mumsnet thread the problem appears to be...
11
11

Are 3A plug fuses really necessary? Why not always 13A?
Not my question, or belief, but found here... there a counter-argument? Thanks, David. 1: I think iPlayer needs a little more buffering time before starting.
216
216

brand new but very old aerials for sale
I'm clearing my dad's house and there a quite a few TV aerials there. Ignoring the rubbish, there are some boxed high gain types. These are from the Antiference XG range and the Jaybeam MBM range. All...
76
76

safety clutch
Can some kind person tell me if the dewalt 25404k drill has a safety clutch,i have been offered a loan of one and i dont want to risk the kick back whilsy core drilling,many thanks folks
1
1

This would make a good Grand Designs
This would make a good Grand Designs to a daily mail article about plans for a monstrous basement conversion in London) Serious risk of damage to nearby houses and utilities if not done properly. I...
41
41

Outside sewer vent covers
I know they aren't fitted nowadays, but situation here is a sewer with an intercepter trap manhole at the end of the run before it goes into the main street sewer. This has a cast iron vent pipe into...
4
4

Moving 100 year old Oak
The Ghirardi Compton Oak has been a piece of League City's history for over 100 years. The tree stands 56 feet tall, has a canopy that is over 100 feet wide, and is 135 inches around. It also weighs...
27
27

Help im locked in - i mean out - oh u know what i mean !
door lock failure this morning door lock looks a lot lik these ones ... tips how i can get door open so i can get lock out to buy replacement Its an aluminium front door
8
8

Tracing source of underground leak
Can someone recommend a coloured dye (and supply source) that can be dissolved in water for tracing the source of a water leak. It's just that we have several underground drains that run close t...
8
8

Hoist /Winch ... what do you think?
Hi team =85.. I have a boat trailer (twin axle) which has a boat on it wei= ghing 1600Kg. On the flat I can happily pull & push trailer is a straight line - so roll= ing resistance is not too high. I...
26
26

Dickering Flimmer Switch
At SWMBOs request I fitted a dimmer switch in out dining room. It flickered on some settings, so I took it back to TLC who swapped it for another. It still piggin flickers! It's a 400w Ultimate push...
14
14

Angle grinder
The fire at an Essex nightclub in the early hours of Sunday morning was caused by an angle-grinding stage act, says the club.
10
10

Proper trick or treat
Well a trick for the kids and a treat for the adults SUBSCRIBE to get the latest #KIMMEL: http://bit.ly/JKLSubscribe Watch the latest Mean Tweets: http://bit.ly/MeanTweets8 Connect with Jimmy Kimmel...
4
4