Subject Author Posted Replies

Proper trick or treat
Well a trick for the kids and a treat for the adults SUBSCRIBE to get the latest #KIMMEL: http://bit.ly/JKLSubscribe Watch the latest Mean Tweets: http://bit.ly/MeanTweets8 Connect with Jimmy Kimmel...
4
4

OTish Amazing scale model.
Anders Bike Shop
32
32

Making a feature out of a 22mm hole in a wall
Due to small miscalculation of the drilling point todays customers are now left with a 22mm hole in their lounge wall:-( Is there any way to make a feature out of this or do I just cough up for the...
12
12

Part P Review
Forums - Error
1
1

Steel bolt for aluminuim boiler
I need to replace the bolts holding together the boiler of an espresso machine. The top part is aluminium, or something similar, and I think the bottom is chromed brass. The original bolts are...
6
6

OT Car Insurance
It's that time of year again and both car insurances are up for renewal.= Notices have come through, wander off to some cute furry animal website = to get a feel for the "going rate" and find that for...
91
91

Rafter span - hip for carport roof
We are building a veranda across the back of the new extension, and a car port up the side of the house to link with the veranda and provide a covered walkway from the front to the back of the house....
4
4

Solid bed tiling?
I have some 600x300mm glass tiles, the instructions say they need laying on a solid bed. What's the reasoning behind this? If it's purely mechanical then it shouldn't be an issue as they are to be...
1
1

"rear cable entry" outside lights
What's the correct way to mount a " rear cable entry" outside wall light when the existing cable is surface mounted? Cheers Jim K
7
7

condensation inside kitchen extractor duct?
I am about to fit an extractor fan in the kitchen. It's a conventional Eli= ca unit (with filters) and has an external fan. The duct goes up from the = extractor, runs for 3 metres horizontally...
3
3

Grate spelling mistakes of our time
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/jigsaw.jpgBill
94
94

Stove - wood or pellet?
We want to get a stove to warm quite a large room which has no fireplace. As far as I can see, this means a pellet stove? Unfortunately, my wife finds the pellet stoves she has seen rather ugly - she...
52
52

Stupid wood question
What would you use for soffit? I'm using Thermowood Cat D for the gutterboard - reputedly as rot resistant as cedar. But too expensive for a 300mm soffit. Our soffit runs dry so I don't think we need...
18
18

What is it called when...
Hi all, I am trying to remember the name this certain term/item but I just can't think of it :( Basically, it applies in construction when a hole/trench or similar is dug and metal sheets are placed...
14
14

Is a dark coloured building better than a lgiht coloured one for energy usage?
Assume two near identical buildings located in the UK, each on its own large plot with no shading from trees or other buildings. One building is constructed such that the outer walls are coloured...
45
45