Subject Author Posted Replies

fixng outlet pipe to cooker hood
Bosch cooker hood has 150mm outlet and I have a 150mm vent pipe to connect. However, a normal pipe connector that fits inside the tube does not fit inside the hood outlet, since it is profiled and...
11
11

Diall brand
noticed this is now B&Qs own brand of choice yesterday ...
30
30

battery wireless interlinkes smoke alarms, with remote silence... that don't cost the earth?
Want to replace the 2 standard smoke alarms in the dormer bungalow, with a few of the interlinked ones, Can't run wires to them easily, so they will need to be the battery operated Rf interlink ones,...

Replacing bath with shower
Bath is never used but bath based power shower is. We have continous proble= ms with sealing the edges of the bath so are considering ripping out the b= ath and replacing it with a shower. Shower...
4
4

"Tasword PC" Anyone ?
I am looking for some software called "Tasword PC" by Tasman Software. I used this years ago before Windows 95 came onto the scene. It ran in Microsoft DOS. I have an old laptop with not much memory...
30
30

OT: Fuel use by the elderly
Anyone able to tell me if my neighbour's fuel usage is typical? We have the two halves of a semi, he's a single elderly gentleman and we're a family of 4. He uses TWICE as much gas and electric as we...
51
51

core drilling
need to put a 110mm soil pipe through a wall for a bathroom,daft question b= ut what size core drill do i need if i use a 110mm i worry the soil pipe be= ing that size will jam and if i have to chop...
13
13

"Electrocuted to death"
semi-literate, imbeciles. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/marks--spencer-philip-dodd-1417161Ill-educated,
29
29

Woodburners and CO dectectors
I have not had a lot to do with either but I seem to recall that instalation of a CO detector is a building regs requirement when a woodburner is installed. Is it? The main reason for asking is I am...
22
22

Lighting query
Asked by nephew to look at a 'faulty' bathroom light in his new house. New bulb put in, switched on, nothing. Checked bulb in another fitting, works fine. Checked with contactless voltage tester,...
12
12

non-maintained lamp failure
Hi, Some time ago, I took the advice of many here and installed an Eterna non-maintained 8w fluorescent lamp above my CU. It is under the stairs and there is no window, so it allows me to see to reset...
7
7

Tribune unvented direct cylinder
I have a Tribune cylinder that has sprung a leak. It's dimensions are Ht 1100mm and diameter 450mm, Vol 160litres. This doesn't seem to match any of the new cylinders for a replacement- Have they...
1
1

Nice bit of joinery..
perhaps a little frightening, but it is leftpondian. Liveleak.com -
14
14

"Coated with TiO2 for global warming"?
I bought some fascia to replace my old wooden stuff. It says on it "Coated with TiO2 for global warming". All I can find is this article: when my fascia expires, am I to crumble it up and throw it...
17
17

oil c/h & h/w: pump, timer, stats, etc. usually off same fuse?
Are all the electrics for an oil central heating and hot water system (pump, timer, stats, etc.) usually all off a dedicated mains fuse? Or all on the same fused spur from one of the rings? Or is it...
10
10