There is no pleasing some women

Her washing machine would not empty so I said I would fix it. And I did.

The way she carried on anyone would think that she is the only woman in the world to have to mop up a flooded kitchen floor.

Reply to
ARW

Erm, well not so much fixed it as transferred the issue to the floor then?

While on this subject, why do they always put the filter at ground level so you need to flood the kitchen to clean the filters out? a little door is there at the front right and its too close to the floor to get a receptacle big enough for the wather underneath it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

One small correction: there's no pleasing *any* women.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

In article , ARW scribeth thus

You've got the thread title wrong Adam, it should read;

"There is no pleasing all women"!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Just admit that you turned the power off, waited for a short while and then opened the door.

My Hotpoint does some bizarre things ...

Reply to
Mr Pounder

No. I am a pro.

I just took the filter out whilst the WM was full of water. Like I said, "I fixed it." The filter is now clean and the WM now works.

Reply to
ARW

HA! Yeah, I did that and found a colour catcher thing wrapped around the pump. There was not much water though.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

That's what wet-n-dry vacs are for.

You're lucky if the filter is at the front, if it's hidden round the back you have to pull the machine out.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

As is the floor.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

So that you can get the wet and dry vac out first, hoover up the water as it is coming out, and the lady of the house says "How clever, I would never have thought of that". Unless they have seen it before.

Reply to
newshound

No drain hose next to the filter then? All the machines I've dealt with recently have had a little drain hose tucked away by the filter.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Mine don't.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

What is this filter of that you speak? Our WM has no filter...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

With the help of an assistant, I tip the machine sideways and slide in a block of wood under each side, raising it up enough to place a plastic tray under the filter. One benefit of having the machine totally stand-alone. Clean the filter under a tap, reinstall it, rock the machine and kick the wood blocks out one side at a time.

Reply to
Part Timer

ISTR our washing machine has a small rubber hose at ground level which can be extracted and pointed at a basin before removing the bung

Reply to
fred

Are you Paul Daniels?

Reply to
ARW

You'd have to siphon it out then? I have a garden work tray that is shallow enough to get under the filter and big enough to take a litre or so

Reply to
stuart noble