Subject Author Posted Replies

Stylus. How do they work?
Whoosh! ;-)
6

OT straps for car seat
I suppose I could go shopping for children's car seats, but it's easier to ask youse guys. How old does a kid half to be before he's able to unbuckle himself from a car seat? Does the typical seat...
1
1

OT tracking
Used to be 13, now it's under 1 lb. I have no clue WTF USPS Retail Ground is. When I looked at the rate for that compared to priority mail for a couple things, it was basically either the same rate or...
13
13

OT a new record for old ?
More than I care to list and probably some that I wouldn't. I've been on usenet since the early 80's.
4
4

Flex Seal
I used the spray in an attempt to fix a leak below the windshield of a car. Because of limited access to the specific area where the leak was occurring and the amount of rust in the area I was trying...
15
15

Can't find the water leak
One additional thought, is there any landscape irrigation on the property? If so, have you thoroughly examined the pipes and vales?
18
18

Defective Toilets
Some toilets have been found to be leaking from the bottom of the U bend du e to hairline cracks on the ceramic or for being porous due to inadequate g lazing of the ceramic before being kilned. These...
1
1

Installing an outdoor wall sconce.
e: wrote: /202021766) on the exterior of my garage wall, where no light was before lo cated. The garage wall is unfinished concrete block, both interior and ext erior. I already drilled a 1" diameter...
12
12

Carbon Monoxide
I've seen many give aways for them. Various towns or fire departments make them available for anyone that cannot afford them. I don't know if they can make it mandatory for private homes, but rental...
27
27

Aluminum frame screen repair
This is the type with a grove around the frame to hold plastic screen. I bought a small roll of screen and one of the rollers to install it. Before I attack it, and hints or warnings? TIA
6
6

Inventions....
Some inventors levity....

can i connect a 240v to this?
Short answer No You have 15a fuses (plug breakers) in there indicating 14ga wire. You need 10 ga wire and 30a fuses. The disconnect will handle it, just not the wire.
21
21

When a gas furnace gas valve turns off, can it still leak and allow some gas to vent from the burner ports?
I can smell gas from the furnace after it has been off for several hours. I have a gas leak detector and I check and am sensing gas at the gas ports (tubes) long after the gas valve is off. Is this a...
9
9

OT: R.I.P. John Glenn - Semper Fi
A true American hero and patriot. John Glenn, First American To Orbit The Earth, Dies At 95 http://n.pr/2hq1IYq
5
5

How much flourescent ballast humming is too much indicating replacement?
How much flourescent ballast humming is too much indicating replacement? I have some ballasts that don't hum at all, and some that hum loud enough to hear them ten feet away and some that barely hum,...
13
13