Can loosen screw Plumbing

The handle on my sink came off.

The handle is being held down by a small piece under the Phillips head screw. I am trying to back out the screw, but since it is not coming out, I assume something else is turning. If I put my nephew under the sink will he be able to clamp onto whatever is turning so I can back out the screw?

Btw the faucet is a moen.

Reply to
Seymore4Head

I think that piece just pulls straight out with no need to remove that screw.

I think you need to unscrew the black plastic flange.

Read the instructions that came with it...if you don't have them just go the Moen's website

Reply to
philo

Moen parts and supports section shows diagrams and videos.

Reply to
Frank

And parts are generally free if you contact Moen. Virtually all of their stuff has a full warranty.

Reply to
clare

Thanks everyone for the support. I sent pictures and an email Friday night and I have still not heard from Moen. I just called customer service this morning and the recording says they can't take calls at this time. The recording suggests I send an email or call back at a later time.

Reply to
Seymore4Head