Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawn Mower Stalling Question
Hi, Have a few year old self propelled lawnmower. Typical kind of thing. Starts right up, and works just fine if grass is "low". But if grass gets "a bit" higher, although still a reasonably low...
6
6

Can someone tell me what the size of the nut that secure sthe blades on a John Deere LA 165 Lawn Tractor.
Too much trouble. Just use an impact wrench on them. I do not even have to block the blades to keep them from turning.
17
17

OT. More refinements for old engines
An article from Popular Mechanics: or The last one is two strokers with magnetos. I thought mags were history. They were used on some Minneapolis Moline power units from way back.
1
1

Short circuit in GE Profile Range
We have a GE Profile gas range model PGS975SEP1SS. Yesterday I smelled a burning smell in the kitchen and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. This morning I noticed that the light in the ove...
6
6

OT, The Harp Twins
Smoke on the Water just ain't the same on a harp.
1
1

Ac q
Yup, but it will also make it cold and clammy. I don't think you will achieve the results you want. The power savings will be nil or nonexistent. DAGS on air conditioning to help your understanding.
6
6

John Deere snowblower question
So what kind of engineer designs a snowthrower for the BACK of a tractor? Do these idiots drive to work in reverse as well? Don’t sacrifice utility… for economy. Enjoy power without compromise...
10
10

Antivirus in Windows 10
I currently run McAfee antivirus in my Windows 10 Pro PC. Is it possible or advisable to also run Windows Defender at the same time? TIA
5
5

O.T. Who/what organization invented/coined the word "Software"
Who/what organization invented/coined the word "Software"? I can't remember the first time I heard the word used at Bell Labs where I worked from 1957 -2001.
7
7

not sure if they are discontinued
I'm not sure if these are discontinued, but I can't find them anywhere. I really don't want to have to change the entire ceiling. Does anyone know where I can get these?
6
6

Solar can be without local suppyer !!!
SOLAR POWER What you need to know about Solar power that the slimy installers and=20 Solar company don=E2=80=99t tell you and don=E2=80=99t want you to = know!!! Solar Energy is nice clean and chip;...
9
9

OT - fake news really funny
After an exhaustive inquiry by The American Spectator’s team of award-winning investigative journalists this magazine can now report that in...
2
2

lift shingles on 20 year old roof?
Hi, any thoughts on whether it's safe to lift shingles to replace an attic fan on a 20 year old roof, NYC suburbs, shingles look fine, very little gra nule loss, single layer of shingles (not 2nd...
8
8

220 volts, anyone
My landlady wanted to watch me change the second receptacle, but time is running out, I sleep until she goes to work, and she gets home late, so I did it myself today and all of a sudden the power...
21
21

Follow-up on landlady problems
Remember I'm not in the USA now: 1) The radio with the bad on-off switch. The first time I plugged it in, it didn't go on until I moved the power-slide switch back and forth several times. Points to a...
5
5