OT? What is a driveshaft bolt?

The last time I worked on a drive shaft... I don't remember how it attached to the differential. Is that where the drive shaft bolts go?

Or where?

Reply to
micky

google "drive shaft bolt" then click the images tab.

Reply to
google user

There are bolts on both ends, differential and tranny or transfer case.

Reply to
trader_4

  Sometimes ... often the front end has a splined sleeve that slides over a matching splined shaft and the back end is attached to the axle with u-bolts . There WILL be a splined joint somewhere in the drive line to account for axle movement (exception is an independent suspension system , the splines will be in the axles) . Sometimes though , the front end is a flange that bolts to a matching flange on the trans or transfer case .   --   Snag
Reply to
Terry Coombs