Subject Author Posted Replies

Ozone
When I was a little boy and the sparking from my Lionel train included a smell, someone told me that was ozone. That's true, right?
2
2

Europe to ban halogen lightbulbs
[snip] I think of the halogen floor lamps that were popular about 20 years ago, and were sometimes fire hazards. I would be if I didn't have all those CFLs. I'm not buying any new ones, but it seems...
18
18

on topic - home repair ..
Fatal house explosion, in Kitchener Ontario : John T. Testing is underway at the site of the house explosion in Kitchener, but fire officials say that we may not have answers as to the cause until...

Is there an advantage to a WORM GEAR circular saw
Weight means a lot more when you are older. I have a framing hammer that I practically never use because it is heavier. It did come in handy the other day but thankfully I did not have to hammer a lot...
3
3

I phone question
On 23 Aug 2018, wrote in The newest iPhones have no headphone jack. Bluetooth only.
8
8

OT. Optical illusions
From Mark Perry:
3
3

Cox Contour 2 Cable Box
How many of you have this box and remote? I have the Cotour 2 box and remote paired to my Element TV. I really like the remote, but one function (button), TV/Video is non- functional. I've worked with...
1
1

H/W Pilot
I have a Hot Water heater, that has an Always On nat gas pilot light. We live near the ocean side, where >35 MPH winds are quite common. Depending upon the wind strength and direction, the wind will...
18
18

P0171 and P017n Was: What tools do I need? (P0420 Bank 1 catalytic inefficiency on a 15 year old dual-cat vehicle)
You seem to know what I wish I knew. Pardon me for horning in on this thread. So the sensors are easy enough to remove and insert to just swap them, instead of putting in new? Because they cost so...
9
9

Powder actuated tools again ...
  I got the penetration problem solved , I was loading the gun wrong ... but I have one other question . Every pin I drive comes up with thehead protrudingabout 1/4" from the work . I checked , and...
7
7

What is the price of the entire world?
What is the price of the entire world? I would like to buy the entire world, and I have a large bank account. But I'm not sure who to talk to about the price or who to pay. As owner of the world, I...

What tools do I need? (P0420 Bank 1 catalytic inefficiency on a 15 year old dual-cat vehicle)
What tools do I need? After clearing codes and reliable running the federal test procedure (aka the "Drive Cycle"), I can set all registers but I'm getting the dreaded P0420 Bank 1 (cylinders 123)...
9
9

Flood damage
I just had a leak in waterline behind a bathroom wall in MY basement that we didn't know about until more than a foot of water filled up basement. The insurance adjuster came out and said we were...
3
3

Lifting a heavy outdoor pizza oven (1,300 lbs), 41" high and moving it a few feet to place over a base
A bit of context: My wife, somewhat hastily, purchased a used outdoor pizza oven that has tur ned out to be a logistical nightmare to deal with. A safe (for storing impo rtant docs, etc) moving...
15
15

ot Who Warranties the Tire Valve Stem Core?
Came out a few mornings ago to find a soft tire/TPMS light on my newish car still under warranty. I wasn't able to get the car to the dealer to get it checked as I was out of town and a good ways out...
26
26