Handrail in stairs with knee wall. Do I need the open side closed?

I would like to know if installing a handrail on the closed side of the stairs and nothing on the knee wall is enough to pass a home inspection. Or do I need to close the open side. Leave all safety aspects aside. I understand is better to cover it, but because of running out of time will just having a handrail pass inspection?? Thank you

Reply to
Edgar

Put the railing on the knee-wall side with required spindles.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Pic:

Oren