OT: State of the Union Address

I was also quite impressed. Rather than all the weird tweets and other odd things in the past two years, he covered it all and delivered it well. He acted "very Presidential" last night. THIS was the Donald Trump that won the election.

He remained polite to the Democrats and they responded in kind, imo. Even Nancy Pelosi treated him with respect which surprised me. She didn't at all during last year's SOTU address.

On the comical side... The speech lasted about an hour and a half with constant standing, applauding then sitting back down at least a hundred times. Whew! I'll bet you at least half of his audience last night woke up this morning with very sore leg muscles. That speech gave them quite a workout. Especially all the old farts that run our country LOL ;-D

Reply to
Gary

While I agree that Trump did an excellent job last night, it most certainly was not the Trump that won the election or the Trump we see every day. It was Trump reading a prepared speech off a teleprompter and sticking to it.

Whoever prepared that speech and integrated it with the people brought into the audience as part of it, should get a promotion. Given the behavior we see almost daily in Crazytown, I'm surprised there are people there capable of this. Now Trump should do nothing for at least a few days. But I expect he'll be back to stupid within hours.

Another example of how stupid runs in the family, Don Jr has been re-tweeting suggestions that Smollett staged the alleged hate crime attack. I have similar questions, it looks to me like it could be staged. But I'm just a private citizen, not the son of a president. He should have brains enough to keep his mouth shut and let it play out, instead of spreading manure on twitter. But no, he's piling on. Then if it turns out to be true his tweets will be added to the claims that the Trumps are racists.

Reply to
trader_4

Cynics say he timed it so most people would have went to bed before the Democrats started their rebuttals :)

Reply to
rbowman