Subject Author Posted Replies

sprinkler problem
On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 23:25:31 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 snipped-for-privacy@I sure didn't think you could buy one for under 5 bucks ! John T. Perrot Impulse Sprinkler - Lee Valley Tools Perrot Impulse...
2

Cash out for dishonest Vendor
In article snipped-for-privacy@nI worked with a man that had his electrical license. I don't know how he managed to keep his job at the plant from the things he did. He was hired by a few at the plant...
16
16

I want to improve my front door lock
In on Mon, 9 Mar 2020 10:51:35 -0700 (PDT), Davej
19
19

Long lasting finish on door lock and handle.
I currently have brass-finished door locks and they get weather-worn, pitted? and don't look very good. In practice, I'm not going to clean them. I need new locks anyhow. Do any of the other finishes...

Craftsman hand tools "lifetime warranty" for ratchet -V-43785 (repair or replace)
Have you ever had them mail you a ratchet repair kit? I went to OSH (Orchard Supply) but they had to have the _same_ ratchet. o Same happened at Ace this morning when I brought it to them. Ace told me...
4
4

Farm wiring? Overhead service drop.
... ... It's always baffled me when there are only two from the the 3-phase service to the transformer pole and then a single ground there as to what is the point for a new conductor afterwards....
13
13

3% convenience fee
I did my state taxes yesterday. They really would like you to pay using an eCheck online. There will take online credit cards with a surcharge. Or they will reluctantly take paper checks via snail...
89
89

Hard or soft braking
Hi Xeno, Much appreciated all your kind help & advice! o I'll pass it on to one of my granddaughters who will be driving soon! On that topic of the amount of metal, I'm one of the (apparently rare)...
33
33

Barn Furnace
How far from the existing house tank to the barn? If it's not too far, how about just running a buried gas line? They use plastic today, less expensive than iron, less labor, etc.
6
6

A trick to save on electricity
It's not rocket science; just unplug.

warning: Daylight stupid time starts March 8th
stroke of the governor's pen isn't enough for Florida to freeze time. The United States Congress, not the Florida Legislature, gets the final say on when, or if, Florida gets to quit changing its...
76
76

GE Induction Motor Issues and looking for explanation
To Start I have a Mode 5KC184AL2050 (which I can find Zero Info on). 3HP/230VAC/17Amp Frame 184T/Cont Duty Conndiag 733A350 There are 5 wires at motor, three are windings I believe L1or(11)possibly...

What's the tale of ceramic brakes?
HF makes some shoddy tools, I agree. For example, I use their tire mounting tools at home all the time: o Bead breaker (roughly about $50) o Tire mounting & dismounting tool (roughly about $50) o...
5
5

Baseboard heater trips breaker
He posted: " Twice in three days the heater has sparked and tripped the breaker. Open the cover and everything is hooked up but one connection, supply side of the thermostat, has evidence of arching....
8
8

Old entry mortise lock replacements
Which, is, in correct parlance "japanned copper". I've found none currently available and, unfortunately, don't have the old plates...there are a few here 'n there as salvaged on eBay or some of the...
3
3