whirlpool WRX735SDBM02

Our Whirlpool refrigerator turned off after a few seconds It is two and a h alf years old. All lights work but it does not run. Called local repair app
liance and he literally didn't do anything but said it is the main board pr oblem (Charge $60). Then called Sears appliance, the person did some testin g and told me it is the mainboard, diagnosis charge $135. I replaced the ma inboard ($300) myself - didn't work and then I replaced the dispenser board ($300) still didn't work. So after spending $800, our refrigerator didn't work. Not sure what to do. I would appreciate any help.....
On Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 10:51:18 AM UTC-4, RP wrote:

half years old. All lights work but it does not run. Called local repair a ppliance and he literally didn't do anything but said it is the main board problem (Charge $60). Then called Sears appliance, the person did some test ing and told me it is the mainboard, diagnosis charge $135. I replaced the mainboard ($300) myself - didn't work and then I replaced the dispenser boa rd ($300) still didn't work. So after spending $800, our refrigerator didn' t work. Not sure what to do. I would appreciate any help.....
If you have no ability to diagnose yourself, you're really in a bad spot with anything like this. IDK why you paid $135 to Sears to diagnose it, but instead of paying them to fix it, you chose to spend $300 on your own. If they tried the board and it didn't work, they would likely have found what really is wrong and not charged you for the board. And buying a dispenser board makes no sense to me when the issue is the compres sor won't run. It's either the compressor, the board that controls the compressor, a relay, or maybe some input to the control board that is keeping it from running, eg bad temp sensor. How much is a similar new fridge? Have you looked for videos online that show similar and how to diagnose? I guess you can resell the two boards on Ebay to recover most of your money.
On 7/23/2020 10:51 AM, RP wrote:

Why did you not have him replace it? Seems like false economy as it would have been on him to fix it or not charge for bad diagnosis.
At this point you can either throw more money at it or buy a new fridge and be done.

The problem is the old "you had two bad parts" thing. He would sell you that board and then whatever the real problem was.
Given a similar choice on my AC, a $200 board that might fix it or a $600 new system, I bought a new system. At least the guy was honest and said if he put in the new board, I bought it. Then I might still be buying a compressor ... or the whole outdoor unit.
On Thu, July 23, 2020 at 10:51AM, RP wrote:

half years old. All lights work but it does not run. Called local repair a ppliance and he literally didn't do anything but said it is the main board problem (Charge $60). Then called Sears appliance, the person did some test ing and told me it is the mainboard, diagnosis charge $135. I replaced the mainboard ($300) myself - didn't work and then I replaced the dispenser boa rd ($300) still didn't work. So after spending $800, our refrigerator didn' t work. Not sure what to do. I would appreciate any help.....
If you've spent over $200 already, then you should've just called around to some appliance places for a used fridge.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

mainboard, diagnosis charge $135. I replaced the mainboard ($300) myself - didn't work and then I replaced the dispenser board ($300) still didn't work. So after spending $800, our refrigerator didn't work. Not sure what to do. I would appreciate any help.....

If I looked at it correctly that is an over $ 2000 refrigerator. I doubt the person would want a used one. However with the price of the boards and service call, I would insist that the person called repaired it or would not pay for the call. By trying to be cheap and repair it by replacing boards it cost $ 800 and it still does not work.