ceiling fan reverse module / latching relay...

I plan to mount a ceiling fan on a high vaulted ceiling. Problem is that I will have no practical way to reach the motor housing to reverse the direc
tion. What I want to do is replace the direction switch with a latching re lay that I can cause the flip-flop from a remote switch, either controlled wireless or maybe with bell-wire or something similar.
Anyone know of a project like this that has been posted on-line ? Anyone ever done this or seen it done or know how to do it ?
Thanks
On 22/07/2020 9:19 p.m., snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

maybe with bell-wire or something similar.

Will something like this fit the bill?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)83W6LK83&pd_rd_rd0371f-2923-4a51-8f2a-5460878ebbdc&pd_rd_w=joh7G&pd_rd_wg=FvD9j&pf_rd_pRc44813-ece5-43b5-85d3-aeb14689b184&pf_rd_r=XPNH5B7EYJ6D443HT8TP&psc=1&refRID=XPNH5B7EYJ6D443HT8TP
--
No tree, it is said can grow to Heaven unless it roots reach down to hell"
Carl Jung
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 10:46:50 PM UTC-5, Idlehands wrote:

at I will have no practical way to reach the motor housing to reverse the d irection. What I want to do is replace the direction switch with a latchin g relay that I can cause the flip-flop from a remote switch, either control led wireless or

83/ref=pd_day0_c_60_6/134-0284051-3516244?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i83 W6LK83&pd_rd_rd0371f-2923-4a51-8f2a-5460878ebbdc&pd_rd_w=joh7G&pd_rd _wg=FvD9j&pf_rd_pRc44813-ece5-43b5-85d3-aeb14689b184&pf_rd_r=XPNH5B 7EYJ6D443HT8TP&psc=1&refRID=XPNH5B7EYJ6D443HT8TP

"

No, the relay needs to be DPDT and latching (keep its state between power c ycles)
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 22 Jul 2020 20:19:45 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Is this for the summer or the winter? In the summer, won't you be blowing the hot air from near the ceiling down to the where the people are, replacing cooler air that was next to them, no matter which direction the fan is turning?

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 11:19:49 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I will have no practical way to reach the motor housing to reverse the dir ection. What I want to do is replace the direction switch with a latching relay that I can cause the flip-flop from a remote switch, either controlle d wireless or maybe with bell-wire or something similar.

I know there are wireless modules available, which fans they work with, whether they handle the reversing function, IDK, but it's worth looking into. For a relay, do you have an extra wire available? All things considered, another option is a different fan with a control that allows reversing from the switch.

This work? <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
If nothing else maybe a search for garage door controls would yield something.