sick mouse kills cat?

Have you ever heard of a cat being made sick or dying because of a mouse he ate? Or catching the plague or disease and spreading it? Someone on Nextdoor says that happens.
Are there any plauges in the USA, or anywhere?
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:40:21 -0700, Bob F

Okay, but the poster specifically said plague or desease??
Googling said mice could transmit roundworm or toxoplasmosis to cats, but is this common? The vet can cure worms, right? Not sure about toxo. or how likely it is that people get it.

Some mice carry Hantavirus:
Dogs and cats can get hantavirus but do not spread it to humans. This infection usually starts with 'flu-like symptoms such as headache, muscle pain and fever. Shortness of breath and other serious symptoms develop next, and it can cause death.
Is Hantavirus a plague?
Like plague, hantavirus lurks within rodents of the desert Southwest, sporadically causing human disease and intermittently making unexpected appearances far from its endemic region. ... Hantavirus continues to pose a highly fatal threat, with 384 proven cases over the past 12 years and a 36 percent overall mortality.
It's not confined to the desert Southwest. There have been cases across the USA.
--
Dan Espen

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 21 Jul 2020 18:54:32 -0400, Dan Espen

That's about 135 fataltiies over only 12 years. 11 a year. Even though I know a lot of people use cats to kill mice, I'm not going to argue with the guy that says to keep your cat away from the mice,

Interestilng.
Thanks.
On 7/21/2020 3:32 PM, micky wrote:

TDS is a plague , but it's limited to rabid leftists ...
--
Snag

On 7/21/2020 5:16 PM, Snag wrote:

There is plague in western states and I see stories where people have caught it from their cats.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/third-cat-wyoming-contracts-plague-n956141
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 21 Jul 2020 20:33:52 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Wow. I didn't think you could have so little of plague. The connotation of plague for me was that there was lots and it was spreading fast. But 3 cases are bad enough and I won't be buying or petting any Wyoming cats.
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 1:31:30 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:

Plague:
a contagious bacterial disease characterized by fever and delirium, typically with the formation of buboes ( bubonic plague ) and sometimes infection of the lungs ( pneumonic plague )
Cindy Hamilton

The problem in Medieval Europe was basically sanitation and the fact that they tolerated rats. The fleas had the plague, the rats were the vector into the home and the people got bit by the fleas. With no meaningful treatment it spread pretty fast