Subject Author Posted Replies

Weller D550 professional soldering gun
On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 11:24:57 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown wrote: BS. They've been working fine for about 40 years.Or more. CXan't remember when I got my first one -and they are a lot better than the old...
2
2

wall outlet breakers
On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 22:57:22 -0400, Clare Snyder > wrote: Breaker Tracer? I am not sure what they call it. The label came off mine years ago but I do know all it really does is find a breaker. It...
15
15

We know what you have been doing at home
Started taking yard waste in Waterloo last week. Still no large item pickup and they will NOT take construction debris
6
6

Shortages
Was looking at small freezers and corded hair clippers. Out of stock or not available until August 25th in the case of the freezers. Freezers at Home Depot, clippers anywhere. I stopped shopping at...
5
5

Swamp cooler pump
The weather is hitting the 100s starting today so I was preparing the swamp cooler for the year's operation. This is a new cooler and pump. I checked the pump. No water to the pads. Disconnected the...
3
3

Re: Wuhan lab 'did absolutely crazy things' to manipulate coronavirus into infecting humans, Russian microbiologist claims
It actually appeared on Apple News. I guess they buy stuff from the Sun? Anyway I trust the Sun more than other papers. They're all lying all the time really. They just want to sell papers. And the...

Need a new thermostat
On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 20:21:34 -0400, Clare Snyder > wrote: The only new computer I ever bought was when my wife still had her business and I was working for IBM. It was on full IBM enterprise...
49
49

Re: Does it count as DIY?
They're token rules. How can going to a holiday house possibly spread it? You and your family who already live together go to another house, and meet.... yourselves. Typical lack of thought by the...
2
2

How fast are the speeds used by variable speed furnace fans
I'd definitely be popping it up to medium - for sure.
11
11

Find my posts
Is there a way that I can find a list of my posts here? Thanks, Andy
9
9

Despite previous safety concerns, this circuit breaker is still in homes
Despite previous safety concerns, this circuit breaker is still in homes A safety advocate renews his call for federal action on electric panels and components that he says may pose a fire hazard. A...
1
1

Uses for Neodymium Disc Magnets
I bought some 1.5 inch Neodymium Disc Magnets. I used some for holding tools. I am looking for other ideas for what to use them for. I was incredulous for the holding power of them. After removing the...
6
6

Help me identify my kitchen faucet - photo link included (2023 Update)
The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I...
20
20

Old floor buckling by vent
Hello! I’m not sure what to really say, because I’ve never posted here before, but I’m hoping anyone can help. I’m renting an old house that was built in the 1930’s give or take, and it has...
10
10

Re: Refrigerator - Compressor runs for just a few seconds then clicks off
having the same problem