Cement work

I decided to re-purpose my old basement darkroom.
Bought two, 50# bags of cement to more or less level the floor. Sort of
bragging to the young woman next door to me that I can still lift 50#
bags at age 71.
Due to a low spot, mentioned that I was going to have to go back to the
store and buy one more bag.
She told me: Just a minute...than ran bag into her house and came out
here ya go, if you need more, just ask.
She did not seem to be straining at all. :)
I live in Milwaukee. Love it here.
Reply to
philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >
That was probably a tranny. Milwaukee is famous for 'em.
Reply to
KWills
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >
Would have been great if she came out with an 80# bag.
Reply to
Jim Joyce
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >
This is my wife when she was about 50 throwing 60# bags in the mixer. She could do the 80s but she was complaining about it.
Reply to
gfretwell
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>
My wife would never complain about 80# bags! She'd be nowhere near them.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 25 Aug 2020 12:17:53 -0500, philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. LOL I feel bad for you. Isn't there something we could put in their maypo so they wouldn't grow so strong.
How tall is she. I've noticed an enormous number of girls from 16 to 35 who are 5'11 or more. The boys didn't get that much taller, did they? Or maybe I just don't look at boys.
Reply to
micky
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >
She's probably used to slinging 50# kids around...
Reply to
rbowman
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>
LOL
Yes, we do have trannys here and they are very easy to sport. She is not one by any means.
Reply to
philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>
Yeah
With my artificial knees I'm not sure I could carry it!
Reply to
philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>
Though my wife buys flower is a five pound bag or whatever, I do recall my grandmother's 50# bag of it.
Reply to
philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>>
Yep.
My wife just lets me to my thing and stays clear.
Reply to
philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>>>
Had it not been for my knee replacements, I'd be lucky if I could just walk around the block.
Reply to
philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >
I think she's 5' 8"
Medium build and really a knock out as far as looks. I'd say maybe 35 years old.
Reply to
philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>
She has no kids but I sure have seen mother's toting kids I probably could not handle.
Reply to
philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>>
When I was a kid, my mother would buy the big bags of flour and we'd dump them into a big red aluminum container, about 3 1/2 feet tall by 3 feet across. When she needed to refill the little flour canister in the kitchen, she'd send one of us upstairs to get it from that red bin. We always sifted it at that point, and we _always_ found small black bugs.
Reply to
Jim Joyce
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 18:59:16 -0500, philo
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>>>>
I never had knee replacements but I did replace the 80# bags with 10# bags. It made a world of difference.
Reply to
micky
here ya go, if you need more, just ask. >>>
The gym I used to go to had a woman who competed in several matches. I could out lift her in the dead lift but she beat me all to hell in the bench press. Nothing special and not one of those freaky women you see just a middle aged farm girl who found out she was good at the bench press.
Having long arms and a wonky shoulder didn't do me any favors on the bench.
Reply to
rbowman

Site Timeline Threads

  • OT Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds? If you tie buttered piece of...

    Home Repair