USPS package late

My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight, they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

Aug 25, 2020 12:00am In Transit, Arriving Late

Aug 23, 2020 10:22pm Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Aug 19, 2020 1:48am Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Aug 19, 20201:45am Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

DeJoy's handiwork?

I also have an Amazon package that was supposed to come on Thrursday, delated (at least) to Friday. I won't know until it gets here if any part of the shipping was USPS.

Apparently he promised to do no more damage to the postal system until after the election, at which time he'll go back to ruining it.

Reply to
micky

There are many ways to ship an item.  USPS is usually the cheapest and slowest.

Have ebayBob use UPS Overnight if you need it fast.

Reply to
Crispy Cream

The worst are the combined low cost shipping, like UPS Mail Innovations or FedEx SmartPost. They use UPS/FedEx to get the package close, then USPS to deliver it the final distance. USPS can get a package from CT to NJ in two or three days. Those two expect a week or more.

Reply to
trader_4

The USPS slows down deliveries to Trump haters. I reported a damaged DVD to Netflix on the evening of the 21st. They estimated a replacement would arrive on the 24th. It did and I was able to watch 'The Birds' in all its glory. Some films don't age well.

Reply to
rbowman

Obviously facetious but postal workers union supports Biden and might do this to solicit votes for him.

Reply to
Frank

I'd have agreed with you in the past, but they have a strong Republican supporter in charge now and he is taking things apart.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It sounds more like incompetence in the Bal'mer post office. Maybe someone should start firing managers and slackers there.

Oops, the union won't let them.

Reply to
gfretwell

It sounds like they are in the bag for him anyway in the states where the local post office sucks. This is not the case in other places. I am not having these problems and we order stuff all the time.

Reply to
gfretwell

On 8/26/2020 12:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote: ...

Began long before...

Note the dateline...

Like with virtually all other services, urban folk have no clue about rural areas and the importance of services where there's a shortage otherwise.

Used to go by the PO on Sunday after church to get the Sunday paper; that went away first; now Saturday delivery is hit or miss as to whether they put anything up or not.

Some years ago they closed all local sorting so even local mail is now trucked to Amarillo, TX, (nearly 200 miles one way) and back again to be distributed locally. 30 miles east and they carry it to Wichita and back--I've not traced exactly how they now get it between the two but wouldn't doubt it now goes to Amarillo, then to Wichita and back to within 30 miles from whence it originated.

How any of that can possibly be cost effective boggles the mind...so this guy isn't doing anything that wasn't already begun; he just picked a bad time to keep on going at what were already dismantling and had done pretty good job at before. The above actions all predate the current administration.

Reply to
dpb

UPS overnight probably costs three times as much as the item it worth ;-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett

This was a facetious remark myself about unions.

Post office does need reforming. Like Reagan once said, the only thing with perpetual life is a government program.

I recall over 25 years ago when I started consulting I spent about $30 a month on postage. Today it is down to about the price of one stamp a month.

Reply to
Frank

Strictly local news but the postal workers are having a little civil war about wearing face diapers. Their fellow employees are ratting out the non-wearers to the county health department. When the health inspector showed up everyone was wearing their masks. The whistleblower reported the masks disappeared as soon as the inspector left.

Reply to
rbowman

It's difficult to imagine how little attention you'd have to pay in order to be so consistently backwards.

I sure hope you were never responsible for anything beyond yourself. You have a real knack for jumping to (incorrect) conclusions.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Unions have screwed up some businesses and yes, the USPS probably does need some changes. Sure does not seem like DeJoy has a sensible plan though Moving empty trucks and sending out carriers with no mail makes no sense. Figure out why they are empty and fix the problem so they can leave on time with the mail.

Also looks like a potential conflict of interest too. Check that out. One reason too, I think Trump is jealous of Bezos having more money so he is against Amazon and wants to break it.

I don't know if Amazon is paying fair rates or not but find out and deal with facts.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Also added Aug 26, 2020 12:00am In Transit, Arriving Late

And who do you think screwed up the Baltimore Post Office. It's your boy DeJoi.

What a crock. Everything was fine until DeJoi got involved. Wait until he does it to you.

Reply to
micky

In an earlier post he said that Jesus was an Arab. I don't know where he got that one.

Reply to
micky

Same place he gets just about everything else - a place where the sun doesn't shine.

Reply to
Jim Joyce