Subject Author Posted Replies

Heater boiler problem
There were several repairs done on the heating boilers (not water heaters) in this building, about two months ago. I had a new T&P (temperature and pressure relief valve?) installed, at their...
15
15

Excessive voltage drop at outlet cause induction cooktop to not work
I have an outlet with excessive voltage drop when I plug in an induction cooktop (1000 watt). The outlet measures 120 but the voltage drops to 105 when the cooktop is plugged in. The cooktop stops...
9
9

electric charging stations
When you charge your car at a charging station, is it much more expensive than doing it at home? Is it faster? How much more expensive or faster is it?
1
1

Smart Electrician timer with 6 outlets timer SP-043 need instructions
I need instructions on how to use a 6 outlet timer SP-043 timer with 6 covered outlets.
11
11

Ko-z-Aire furnace
I have a furnace from 1958 Ko-z -Aire. Trying to find some information in regard to is there any asbestos of any kind inside of the furnace? Cannot find too much information or even who owns the...
8
8

Leaky wall-mounted kitchen faucet
It needs new washers every few weeks. Replacement units are under $100, but I've been looking for 'washerless' with no success. I assume that modern units are ALL washerless so nobody mentions it....
24
24

Have you checked your dryer vent?
I cannot imagine the dryer working at all with this
10
10

Curious letter from the doctor.
For other reasons -- one of their PAs screwed up -- I looked at my so-called Patient Portal and found I'd gotten this letter** from the medical practice, last Friday, 6 days ago. I do this once a year...
1
1

fireplace won't start
I have a fireplace that was working and then I felt like I wasn,t getting enough heat out of it so I tried an axial fan to push some heat out . it worked for a little while then it blew out the fire...
2
2

Informed Delivery
Informed Delivery sent me an email today with pictures of 6 pieces of mail. I thought it had a limit of 3, and sometimes it would say there were more at the dashboard, but there were never more for...
24
24

This is how you test an electric fence
This is how you test an electric fence. no, you don't urinate on it, although there are no guarantees as to what happened next.

You have to start young
You have to start young
6
6

Echo Leaf Blower Won't Hot-Restart
Got an Echo PB-250 hand-held leaf blower that has developed a hot-restart problem. Starts just fine when cold and runs strong- but won't hot restart unless I squirt some stating fluid into the air...
1
1

Drywall made easy
Well, he makes it look easy
13
13

OT How high the fence?
OT They've put up an 8 foot fence around the Capitol, topped with razor wire I heard elsewhere. Almost no one will try to get over that. I would prefer it if they put up a 4 foot fence with periodic...
14
14