OT. Kids, cassettes, and rotary dial phones

Average age in the US is 38. We must appreciate what these people have not experienced like WW11, Korea and Vietnam not just old technology.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

When I wrote the code to show a big clock on my webpage, I noticed that creating the analog clock was a lot more involved that creating the digital clock. For one thing, polar-rectangular transforms (which require trigonometry).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

The 3 pay phone calls I made in the last 25 years doesn't really justify that. I do not feel the obligation to be instantly available all the time. I did that for 40 years.

Reply to
gfretwell

Three times in 25 years doesn't justify much need. Most people blather on their phone because they have it, not because they need it. Even when I had a company phone in my car, long before they fit in your purse, I was the lowest minute per month guy in the territory. I averaged about 30-40 minutes a month. Some guys were over 300.

Reply to
gfretwell

I have been using a microwave longer than you knew they existed. Mine is 50 years old. I just don't confuse heating things up with cooking. Maybe the people at your bank are assholes but the folks here are fun to talk to and I keep enough money there that they don't charge me for the conversation.

Reply to
gfretwell

You won't get a plan anything like that in the US unless you are on welfare. Are you on welfare?

Reply to
gfretwell

SOMEONE on SOME OTHER GROUP

Ya sure That's a case.

The taxes are usually more than that, assuming you get a plan with a carrier with reasonable coverage..

Reply to
gfretwell