Water cutting jet

Well, this water cutting jet impressed me ....

Pamela

An awful lot of mundane stuff impresses you.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I'm just a simple soul but your recent discussion about knots takes the prize for mundane stuff. :)

Reply to
Pamela

Impressive. Want one.

:-)

Reply to
RJH

If it's that good, what do you put underneath to support the thing being cut, or is there a danger it'll cut the world in half? :-)

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Particularly impressed by how “coherent” the jet stays even when cutting through the bowling ball.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Na, you want a 5 axis waterjet:

John Rumm

If you like that, lookup wire EDM cutting

Usually a bed of nails, or a grid of slats on edge.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

Ouch!

Reply to
Richard

Thinking of collateral damage, I wonder what the nozzle is made of to resist such pressure.

Reply to
Pamela

Most machines have slats but they are full of water, which effectively stops/absorbs the jet.

A water cutting jet isn't normally water alone. An abrasive is mixed in, and the water jet is used to accelerate the abrasive material towards the work.

Reply to
Fredxx

Ceramic of some kind normally. It is not the pressure that is the problem, but the abrasive that is in the water that does the damage (the water alone would not cut much)

Reply to
John Rumm

Or it could be a fake post from a bot harvesting names but changing the email address. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On the xmas list :-)

Reply to