Snow gates in Scotland (2023 Update)

How do you know they were legitimate ? Did you demand to see their parent's marriage certificates ?

Even if you did, you have no way of knowing who their parents actually were before we had DNA tests.

Is that like dogs pissing on trees and car tires ?

Bet you did with the piss running down your leg.

Corse we do, Zyklon B and crematoria.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No sign to steal. Just some 'friendly advice' from some locals on motorcycles...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh, he could have been. But he's shot himself in the foot by making himself ambiguous.

Well you get ice restaurants.

I'm surprised nobody knows what snow gates are. Big red gates across the road, there's about 10 in Scotland. Forbidding you from driving on "dangerous" roads in snowy (as in about an inch of it) weather. Everybody's gone all girly. I wrote a rude message on Traffic Scotland's twitter account.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

About which of the three sentences?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My choice is use the same tyres all year.

And surely you can find the right size of tyre for your wheels?! If not, just get summer tyres to fit the winter wheels.

More effort for you to take it to the tyre centre, wait around, then take it back.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In countries where such things are mandated there are tyre storage facilities.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yeah a whole inch of it. What's wrong with a snowplough?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It is you who is confused.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's absurd. You pay someone to store tyres? 4 wheels doesn't take up much room, put them in your house.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There are a few in the Rocky Mountains. I think they are there to close things like parks and recreation areas.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

They are the right size. The manufacturer specifies a narrow winter tyre, so that the higher load on the tyre footprint bites into snow.

Why? It is much easier to change wheels than tyres.

They are in the town centre, so I can do it as part of a shopping trip.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

I know of somebody who keeps them in the kitchen.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Ignore the specification and get the ones which fit your wheels.

But more expensive.

You still have to hang around watching the mechanic.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I gave away some tyres to a woman using them as flowerpots. A garage will knock money off the price of a new tyre if you take the old one away. For some reason they're charged for "disposal", which is actually recycling, so the recycling company makes money twice.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Lives alone does he? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Coal in the bathtub?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Which won't work as well in snow.

Nope. Drop the car off with the wheels in the back. Go shopping. Come back to finished car with other wheels in the back.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

She.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

But would keep the law happy.

Must be a different kind of shopping to what I'm thinking of. I go shopping to fill the car, not two carrier bags. Are you talking female shopping? As in 5 hours to buy one pair of jeans?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Javelin thrower?

Reply to