Snow gates in Scotland (2023 Update)

I bet they stole the sign as they left unless it was made of plastic.

Thieving gyppo bastards.

Reply to
ARW

Our fire trails used by massive great 6WD fire trucks in the scrub land have a tilting heavy metal pole with the padlock inside a heavy steel cylinder so you can put the key in the open end of the cylinder to unlock it, but there is no access to the padlock even with an angle grinder. Works very well.

Rod Speed

Where are people expected to store them if they don't have a garage or shed? The living room?

Reply to
Max Demian

But that's where the criminals are intelligent.

You either drill the padlock (done that before legally) or when our unit was robbed they just used the angle grinder to cut though the gatepost as it was easier than the padlock.

Reply to
ARW

They didn't have namby pamby health and softy.

The schools are scared it'll get too deep for the parents to come pick them up so they'll be left with a thousand kids overnight. But er.... walk home?!?!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Owning two sets of wheels can be f****ng expensive with some cars.

If they're already on wheels, why do you need a tyre centre?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The car.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Fucking EU.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The car park is private property. Why would they be allowed to stay any more than your car being parked there for a year? At least charge them the going parking rate.

Here, they actually set up a caravan site for them! A free one! Heil mein Fuhrer Sturgeon!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In Dundee there's a lot fires in police cars. Or tacks placed behind them to destroy the tyres.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Or the height bar itself.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Ahem, actually I think he was poking fun at you. No idea what snow gates are, and of course one could ponder that they are gates to keep back snow, or maybe to let snow in or even gates made of snow, but that would be very silly indeed.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No I remember 1963, walking along much higher up than usual then as it thawed found a Mini roof in my footway. From experience of that year, any gates to keep snow at bay would need to be very very strong, as I've seems drifts push over brick walls that year. Then when it all thawed mud was the problem, sliding into the street now that the wall had gone. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I wouldn't be too sure

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

still doesn't get it

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Yes, we used to have legitimate Gypsies here when I first moved here. When they went on you would hardly had known they had been. The lot we mostly now have are hated by them, and us equally, as they not only never clean up, they deliberately thieve stuff from cars and gardens, leave crap and burned out cars in the woods and have uncontrolled packs of dogs, not to mention the children. Really we seem to have no answer for these parasites. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No choice when the winter tyres are narrower than the standard ones and won't fit on the same rims.

Laziness

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Gates used to close off roads when snow would make using them dangerous.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Those countrys all have rentable storage.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The gates stop cars, not snow.

Reply to